UGH, you guys, I made the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had in my life this weekend. Please behold (and giggle at my canid coffee mug; it was a gift, and my fiance has a matching deer one, haha.)

They're sourdough rolls with a little secret.
So, the dough recipe is basically this. HOWEVER, the recipe here has the filling recipe and the assembly/baking technique. The pouring-over of warm cream is KEY here.

For SCIENCE, I did a little experiment where I made two batches of cinnamon rolls. The first was the straight sourdough rolls. The second was the dough recipe in the second link there, but replacing 1/2c milk and 1/2c flour with 1c sourdough starter, essentially to test the dough recipes against one another. To my eye, the second one looked more appealing, so I wanted to see whether, if I treated it with the same amount of starter as the other, if it would turn out better.

I did a regular vanilla glaze because I'm not crazy about cream cheese frosting on cinnamon rolls, but you do you.

Anyway, either of the recipes would easily be counted as the best cinnamon roll I ever tasted. However, the straight-up sourdough ones rose better overnight, were slightly airier/fluffier, and had a little bit more tangy complexity in the flavor. The combo dry yeast/sourdough rolls were a little firmer, didn't rise/spread as much, and had a somewhat simpler bread flavor. They're both insanely good, though.