View Poll Results: Werelist recipe-sharing club...?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd love to join a recipe-sharing group!

24 32.88%
  • Maybe I'd join, I might have some recipes I could share...

31 42.47%
  • No, having this thread is fine for me.

18 24.66%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Share Your Favorite Recipes

I saw this recipe on Tiktok and tbh it absolutely slaps. I’m gonna link the tiktok itself I referenced since I don’t really have exact measurements and will be guessing.

INGREDIENTS:
    -1 package of instant ramen (discard the seasoning packet)
    -1 TBS soy sauce
    -about 1 TBS of minced garlic
    -2-3 TBS butter
    -a decent squirt of sriracha to taste
    -2.5-3 TBS of brown sugar (I scooped with a normal spoon and do it about 3 times, not full and packed though)
    -1 egg
    -everything but the bagel seasoning (optional but recommended)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) start cooking the ramen as per instructions
    2) while the noodles cook, melt your butter in a pan over medium high heat and add the garlic and cook until fragrant
    3) add the soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar and mix until combined, then add a splash of ramen water
    4) add the cooked noodles to the pan and mix until the sauce thickens up
    5) crack egg over the ramen and mix until the egg is cooked. You may want to do this with the heat off but I find the egg takes longer to cook than I’m willing to wait unless I leave the heat on
    6) serve with the everything bagel seasoning on top

All in all, this takes less than 10 mins to cook and tastes amazing, esp if you add a soft-boiled egg to it.

Here’s the link to the tiktok, if you want a better visual. I tried to follow the original recipe (and avoid the pitfalls of the video’s interpretation of it) but I went with sriracha since I like not having to bite down on red pepper flakes. Use whichever you like haha.
    Last edited by KitKatPurrpurr; December 18th, 2021 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Adding tiktok link

Been playing with cookie recipes and I kind of by happenstance came up with an addictive variety of chocolate chip. It was a no brainer kind of thing like accidently mixing peanut butter and chocolate ... ( Officer Reeses :P ) but I figured I'd share it anyway. If you like granola I seriously recommend trying this, normally it will take us a few days to eat a batch but this one didn't last even 24 hours. Really good.

Slight adaptation of this recipe - https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...-chip-cookies/

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
    1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired

Extra ingredients - 1/2 Bag ( 8 oz or so ? ) Nature Valley Granola crumbles of your choice ( I used Oats and Honey, but Peanut Butter is up next if I can find it in crumbles... of course there is always a hammer ...... )
    -----------------------------------------------------

Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
    In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
    Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
    Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.

----------------------------------------------------

Ok, so here is the tweak... Firstly, I use about 1.5x as much vanilla as called for and usually if I am adding extra material I will boost the ingredients by about 10-15% by volume. If I feel the batter is too dry I will add a second egg and that will normally return the consistency to about the desired level.

I add a few extra dashes of salt but not much... an extra pinch or two.

When you add the chocolate chips and your mixing them in, also add the granola mix like it was another chip additive and mix it into the batter.

Normally I use an 'Olde Timey' Ice Cream scoop ( Non Mechanical ) and a second spoon to make the cookie lumps with a 'Press and Plop' method. It makes the cookies pretty uniform and kind of a distinct football shape.

Anyhow, Enjoy. Be warned though. Addictingly delicious!
    Last edited by Koba; December 27th, 2021 at 04:46 PM. Reason: omg tired bastard spelling

Blog Entries

Citra's Foolproof Focaccia Recipe:

1. Dump the following in a bread maker.
    * 2 cups warm water
    * 2 teaspoons sugar
    * 2 teaspoons instant yeast
    * 1/4 cup olive oil
    * 1 tablespoon salt
    * 5 cups all purpose flower.
    2. Set to "dough" setting.
    3. Wait.
    4. Come back, spread on greased pan, wrap. Place in fridge and wait overnight.
    5. Next evening, cover with olive oil and toppings. I usually use vegetarian bacon, herbs, sundried tomatoes, and Kalamata olives. Basil and spinach also work well.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier