View Poll Results: Werelist recipe-sharing club...?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd love to join a recipe-sharing group!

22 32.84%
  • Maybe I'd join, I might have some recipes I could share...

28 41.79%
  • No, having this thread is fine for me.

17 25.37%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Share Your Favorite Recipes

Blog Entries

UGH, you guys, I made the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had in my life this weekend. Please behold (and giggle at my canid coffee mug; it was a gift, and my fiance has a matching deer one, haha.)

They're sourdough rolls with a little secret.
    So, the dough recipe is basically this. HOWEVER, the recipe here has the filling recipe and the assembly/baking technique. The pouring-over of warm cream is KEY here.

For SCIENCE, I did a little experiment where I made two batches of cinnamon rolls. The first was the straight sourdough rolls. The second was the dough recipe in the second link there, but replacing 1/2c milk and 1/2c flour with 1c sourdough starter, essentially to test the dough recipes against one another. To my eye, the second one looked more appealing, so I wanted to see whether, if I treated it with the same amount of starter as the other, if it would turn out better.

I did a regular vanilla glaze because I'm not crazy about cream cheese frosting on cinnamon rolls, but you do you.

Anyway, either of the recipes would easily be counted as the best cinnamon roll I ever tasted. However, the straight-up sourdough ones rose better overnight, were slightly airier/fluffier, and had a little bit more tangy complexity in the flavor. The combo dry yeast/sourdough rolls were a little firmer, didn't rise/spread as much, and had a somewhat simpler bread flavor. They're both insanely good, though.

I've just made a peanut butter and jam sandwich and OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I can't remember the last time I had one because it's not really a thing on this side of the pond, but I thought peanut butter alone was too dry and jam alone was too sweet. The combo balances them really well.

@Kisota, I'm still intending to cook the chilli recipe at some point. I'll post here when I have.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

HAHA, Eats Lupus Paws PB&J sandwich. Yummy. Got milk.?

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    HAHA, Eats Lupus Paws PB&J sandwich. Yummy. Got milk.?
    I didn't have milk with it. Are you supposed to?
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf