Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for werepeople (Animal Planet solicitation)

Default looking for werepeople (Animal Planet solicitation)

I am a researcher for a documentary TV series that will air on a major network next year. (For legal reasons, we can't yet publicly name the network.) We are looking for werepeople who would be open to letting our cameras into their lives so we can tell their story (and to teach TV audiences about Therianthropy).

If anyone is up for it, message me for more information!

Thanks!!

Edit by Savage: Please know that this is the same individual who has posted a solicitation on the adult sex fetish site Kink.com for "Kink-related", "extreme" and "fetish related" animal behavior. If you consent to appear on this show, you will be televised alongside participants who answered a recruitment call for the most extreme, shocking, kinky, etc, animal related behaviors they could solicit on dubious corners of the Internet. We recommend you exercise extreme caution when dealing with these individuals, as they have also denied they were looking for a kinky sex related angle at the same time they were posting on Kink.com specifically stating that their request was kink related. Caveat emptor.

I can not post a direct link to their Kink.com solicitation on the main forum as it contains extremely graphic and sexually explicit images as well as detailed descriptions of sex with animals. I will post it in the Mature forum so that people who verify they are adults can see for themselves where these folks have been trolling and the kinds of stories they are collecting.
    Last edited by Savage; October 27th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

For starters, I don't think we have any "werepeople" here.

I will direct people to this thread: http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29062 for an extensive discussion on how you should be prepared to be exploited for shock television and your future professional life more or less destroyed if you venture to accept an invitation of this sort, especially from someone who is reticent about offering their credentials in a professional manner.

Primal, you are politely invited to post your credentials if you would like to be taken seriously. In particular, what do you have to back up your claim of being a researcher? Are you affiliated with a university, or do you hold a science degree? We support and encourage academic research, but we've been trolled too many times in the past by people looking to make shock television, and we do know the difference.
    Last edited by Savage; October 14th, 2011 at 10:13 PM.

Indeed. I'd like to know what your definition of what a "wereperson" is. What is the main goal of this program? This whole deal seems very suspicious to me and I for one will not be participating.

Looks like this person has been making their rounds on a variety of sites (including Craigslist and job-posting sites, along with various forums) since sometime last month. She also goes by the names "myanimalobsession" and "EAOresearcher". Whether this is really a legit documentary or not, and whatever network it would potentially appear on, it sounds like more shit for therians to be involved in or associated with. Albeit though, not surprising that if it involved therianthropy/therians at all, that it would be presented in this rather skewed, misrepresenting manner.

A Google search, including looking at caches of deleted posts/pages, gives a better idea of the things this person is looking for in regards to this potential TV show (even seemingly contradicting herself about it including fetish-related material, depending on where she posted it).

Such as (bolding/emphasis mine):

From a werewolf-fan forum
    My name is Cait and I am doing research for a new documentary series. We're interested in where the line between human and animal exists, and we want to tell the stories of anyone who's life might make you question this. The concept is very new, and we're just getting started, so I'm just reaching out to people to see if they are interested in chatting about the subject. I'm sorry for messaging you out of the blue like this, I just found you randomly and thought I'd see if you're interested.

At this point I'm just researching, and trying to get a sense of the different communities that are out there, what's important to them, how they feel about media exposure, bad press they've received in the past, and things like that.

We're interested in a huge variety of topics right now, and we're trying not to narrow things down yet. Werewolves and other Were animals, Furries, Therians, etc, people who live like animals in unique ways. We want to build an outlet to explain these things and what they mean to the people who live the lifestyle. We're not going into the realm of fetish, but more interested in animalistic behaviors or beliefs that are a part of everyday life.
    Anyways, I hope you don't mind the random message, just thought I'd say hey, and if you're interested great and if not I totally understand.
    Happy to answer any questions/concerns you might have.
    Many thanks!
    Cait aka EAOResearcher
    From a kink and fetish forum
    "Documentary series about animal behaviours and fetish"
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could make a kink-related research request? I'm working on a brand new cable TV series about people with unique animal-related behaviour, fetish or otherwise. I'm hoping to find people who adapted their behaviour to become animal-like, ie. human pets, people who have used surgery, tattoos, piercing or body modification to resemble animals, people with any weird or wonderful obsessions with animals of any kind. So far we've spoken to people who eat dog food with their dogs, live in kennels, women who like breastfeeding animals and furries. Nothing is too unusual, and the show is not judgemental in any way, it's a documentary to see if people want to share their interest with us.

I was wondering if anyone in the kink.com community might want to talk to me?

Contact me on here, or at myanimalobsession@gmail.com or call me toll free at 1-855-animal-5

Many thanks,
    Caitlin, aka EAOResearcher
    And from an animal RPG forum
    Casting PEOPLE WITH EXTREME ANIMAL BEHAVIORS for a new documentary-style cable television series.
    Do you know someone who:

- Looks like animal?
    - Lives like an animal?
    - Acts like an animal?

Nothing is too bizarre. Some stories we have explored are: a man who altered himself to look like a lizard, a man living in a dog house, a woman who breastfeeds puppies.

We are interested in ANY animal obsession or behavior.
    I think members here should be properly informed about what this person is actually looking for as material for this new show, especially since she didn't say much of anything in her initial post here. Going off of those posts of hers I quoted from other sites, it looks very much like the show would be going for exploiting people through shock value. So I highly, highly caution people about taking this person up on the offer of becoming a part of that show. I personally see no real, sincere intent in this to "teach people about therianthropy"--and I wish Primal_B would have the decency to be honest with us about that.

And by the way, if you aren't allowed to state what network this is for yet, you shouldn't have put it on your webpage about recruiting people for the show: http://myprimalbehavior.com/2011/09/12/hello-world/. Though it's fairly obvious what network this would be for anyway.
    Last edited by Sonne_Spiritwind; October 15th, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Project Shift, and help contribute to its further development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

I will verify that this is the same individual who is recruiting on adult rated sites for....er, adult rated animal behavior or behavior with animals. The email address given on registration was the same. The IP address is coming in from Vancouver, Canada.

Unless you want to be on the same freak show as the folks from those kinds of places, I strongly recommend giving this a pass.

I think that most of us would probably not be good material for the show anyway, to be honest.

(normal looking guy stands in front of camera)

"So! Tell us about some of the CRAZY ANIMAL BEHAVIOR you exhibit at times!"

"Well, one time I had trouble talking, because I felt like a tiger, and mostly all I could do was growl?"

"CUT! - Waitaminute, that's the best you can give us? We're looking for EXTREME ANIMAL FREAKS! Growly? Really?"

*shrug*

"Okay, that's a wrap."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I think that most of us would probably not be good material for the show anyway, to be honest.

(normal looking guy stands in front of camera)

"So! Tell us about some of the CRAZY ANIMAL BEHAVIOR you exhibit at times!"

"Well, one time I had trouble talking, because I felt like a tiger, and mostly all I could do was growl?"

"CUT! - Waitaminute, that's the best you can give us? We're looking for EXTREME ANIMAL FREAKS! Growly? Really?"

*shrug*

"Okay, that's a wrap."
    Oh, you nutty, nutty humans. =P (I'm being ironic, of course.)

I don't know about being embarrassed on TV, but I'm pretty sure most of what we say will just go over their heads. I don't want to be insulting about it, but shifting? Alternate consciousness? Phantom limbs? There's just no point, really. Although, I must say, based on that last podcast (the one concerning supernatural phenomenon), we at least seem to have luck online with genuinely interested individuals.

Blog Entries

I am so disappointed when therianthropy is handled as just shock entertainment. This post doesn't seem serious at all, not giving proper information about the show or it's producers... I don't actually mind showing therians on TV or other media, but it has to be respectfully done. I know that it's possible. Too bad this person doesn't seem interested in teaching people to value diversity or showing respectful interviews with therians. This show seems to just want the most extreme, no matter the consequences.

Here's another post this individual made. I can not link to this thread here as it contains extremely graphic sexual images and detailed descriptions of forced sex with animals. The direct link is posted in the Mature forum for folks of legal age who really want to see it.

Apparently they don't actually want bestiality stories, though that's a good bit of what they're getting on that site. But they do want all sorts of fetish play and extreme behavior like eating dog food from the floor and breastfeeding animals. Quite the opposite of what they are saying they are looking for on other sites.

5. Sep 22, 2011 11:50 AM in response to: serenablair
    Re: Documentary series about animal behaviours and fetish

Hi Serenablair,

Thank you so much for your response!

It would be great to talk to you a little more about animal behavior. The show we are producing focuses on the line between human and animal, and various obsessions and fetishes that come from this. This documentary series isn't talking about beastiality, it wants to explore subcultures such as therian worlds, furry fandom, puppy and kitten play fetishes and any obsessions with animals that are unusual, such as wanting to breastfeed animals or eat dog food on the floor.

If you have any insights into these worlds, or happen to know anyone who might want to talk to be about getting involved, I would love to hear back from you.

Thanks again,

EAOResearcher

Email me directly at myanimalobsession@gmail.com
    Last edited by Savage; October 28th, 2011 at 01:31 AM.

Site screenshot in case they change it again: http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/Savagefeline/