Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone?

Default Anyone?

Hey guys, since the most recent news of the zigzag production I thought it was time to start up talk on Project Pawprint and see if we can continue ideas and finding resources to make this happen. ...I really don't want to wait for the media to release a big production of otherkin/therians that doesn't have respectable therians in the editing process. With the right introduction to mainstream society I would much rather see us listed with other forms of spirituality or a transgender, or autism than have some media production like the already failed ones and this new zigzag thing that I feel would do a horrible job, especially with how many younger kids are so caught up in the teen werewolf thing that would jump at the chance to represent therians.

basics we would need are discussed in ways in this forum, I don't really know anything about filming other than general point and shoot and basic editing, but we need to know if people are still interested in being involved and how their resources have changed in the last year or however long it's been since this was discussed. And if anyone is in school for film or media or something that would be a big help.

*shrugs* let's get this idea going again before it's too late
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Blog Entries

I'm always behind it.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Funny what one finds upon wandering into a section of the forum they don't usually go...

I really like the idea. The only thing right now is that I don't know how much I could participate.
    I've spent my life watching documentaries, be it learning about animals or other ways of living. I'd love to actually have something to do with the creation of one.
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

Hmmm... musing on this, I have a thought to voice:

What about starting small, as some kind of "practice run", and creating a Youtube channel?
    Individuals could submit videos of themselves talking about their experiences. There could be weekly/monthly themes (for example, "Is your therianthropy spiritual, psychological, etc, " "describe the way you feel like your animal," "let's talk about shifting," and plenty of others), just common topics in the community that everyone can add their voice to. A group of people could moderate this to make sure no one is putting in misinformation or doing anything that would break basic ground rules.

This way, a group could figure out what there actually is to say and how it might be presented to others, without worrying about filming, budgets, getting people together physically, etc. at the get-go, while using the information that's being gathered as fuel for a larger eventual endeavor. And, in the meantime, a youtube channel or similar could be a great resource that people could easily participate in.

I get this idea from a group I'm in unrelated to therianthropy (it's actually a group for partners of transmen - before I go any further, I know a lot of people especially on some other sites are very sensitive about relating to or borrowing from language/resources relating to gender/sexuality, and I'm not proposing any comparison of animality to gender at all in this - just the use of the method of posting videos as experience-sharing/support/info) The group runs a channel just like this, and it's a big resource for everyone in the situation who might be looking for information about how others who are in their shoes consider things, especially because it's hard to find local groups for partners (even in Boston!). A lot of people find it comforting/informative, I think, to listen to someone talk and have facial expression and basically see them as a real person and not just text with an avatar. Seeing how positively this affects people who feel really alone and like no one around them is in their situation really makes me think that the method could be applied to a therian project in a number of ways.

My partner and I have also thought about making video-talks about some animal-people related topics independently, so it'd be interesting to make it into a bigger project.

I will be happy to help with the tech stuff or anything else you may need that I can help with.
    Monsters are real, Ghosts are real too.
    They live inside us, and sometimes they win.
    -Stephen King

Yourdeer, that sounds like a very practical and wonderful idea. I just wanted to comment. It would be beneficial to a lot of people and especially if it is approached with professionalism, it would really help shed a new light.
    I say this and it is short, sharp, and without elegance - like a bark - and yet I have no idea how else to start. I am only a fox; I have no elegancies of language.

Would love to help, but never in person. Still have a professional reputation to uphold here, and as much as it pains me to say it, any 'irregularities' are a turn-off for potential job opportunities. It's much the same reason you will never see me actively display or tell someone I'm pagan, lest it be on the internet, or with a close friend. :P

Just keep in mind that even if things go swimmingly, there will always be repercussions.
    "One does not meet oneself until one catches the recollection from an eye other than human" - Loren Eiseley

Quote Originally Posted by Farsmell View Post

Just keep in mind that even if things go swimmingly, there will always be repercussions.
    Indeed, but my thought is that the repercussions from us doing it would *probably* be less than the repercussions from someone like the Discovery Channel doing it.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Whoops, it's been brought to my attention that the youtube channel idea that I mentioned above already exists. Looking forward to getting involved, listening to some of the talks on there now - this is great.

I could help out, for say, new to all this, and investigating stuff.
    If please, can I have the link to the youtube?
    if its wrong to eat animals, then why are they made out of food?