Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uncommon Theriotype Writings: Looking to Add to New Site

Hey Sonne, feel free to use my essays if you think they are fit (I believe you already had them posted on your site).

Best of lucks with the site.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]"Que el mundo es poca habitación para aquel que gira, y el suelo poco colchón"[/FONT]

It's been awhile since I've mentioned anything about this project on here, so have an update (posted over on Dreamwidth): here.

As I said in that entry: **please check to see if I've mentioned your name and/or 'kintype and if you'd like to contribute any/anymore writings.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Radiant Obscurities, and help contribute to its development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang], & angel'kin (celesvogel)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonne_Spiritwind View Post
    It's been awhile since I've mentioned anything about this project on here, so have an update (posted over on Dreamwidth): here.

As I said in that entry: **please check to see if I've mentioned your name and/or 'kintype and if you'd like to contribute any/anymore writings.

Got it! I'll come up with something soon and hopefully Lestat will as well. Did you have a preference for length?

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    Got it! I'll come up with something soon and hopefully Lestat will as well. Did you have a preference for length?
    No, as long as it's not a novella or longer, basically . Poetry, essays, articles, advice writings, experiential or introspective writings, fictional short stories, among others are accepted and I'm not picky about length. It's the content and 'kintypes represented that I'm more interested in.

And I look forward to you all contributing some things to the project .
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang], & angel'kin (celesvogel)

I've just got some polishing to do on my writing about rainbow boa before I post it to my own site. It should be up by the end of the week and if you like it you have my permission to nab it for your project as well, as I'll probably forget/not bother to post it to the DW community.

I noticed on the update that you have "atypical dragons" listed as a potential section. I'm working on a writing (in its early stages) about being a dragon in the old Mesopotamian and early Egyptian understanding of a dragon, that of a hybrid spirit featuring serpentine traits but featuring a widely differing mix of chimeric traits from birds, ungulates, canines, and felines to varying degrees, and with info on the lesser known mythologies behind exactly how they defined a dragon (which differs greatly from the modern western dragon). Would that fall under the category of an unusual/alternate dragon and contribute to your site?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamaseen View Post
    I've just got some polishing to do on my writing about rainbow boa before I post it to my own site. It should be up by the end of the week and if you like it you have my permission to nab it for your project as well, as I'll probably forget/not bother to post it to the DW community.

I noticed on the update that you have "atypical dragons" listed as a potential section. I'm working on a writing (in its early stages) about being a dragon in the old Mesopotamian and early Egyptian understanding of a dragon, that of a hybrid spirit featuring serpentine traits but featuring a widely differing mix of chimeric traits from birds, ungulates, canines, and felines to varying degrees, and with info on the lesser known mythologies behind exactly how they defined a dragon (which differs greatly from the modern western dragon). Would that fall under the category of an unusual/alternate dragon and contribute to your site?
    I'll make note to check for your rainbow boa writing and add it to my list of RadObs writings when you've finished it. And that kind of dragon sounds quite fitting for the site, so a writing on it would be great =).

I had heard I was mentioned (thanks to Lindiel), so I revived myself from ancient slumber and got back on in order to reply.

I do not give permission for "My therianthropy, too" to be posted.

But wait! That's only because I'd really, really like to rewrite it. If that's okay. A few things need elaboration, new insights need to be discussed, and some fluff needs to be trimmed. And that title: awful!

In my hiatus from Werelist I've been doing a lot of "journeying" and introspection, which I can also fully reveal for the first time to the internet. That makes it sound so much grander than it actually is. Don't worry, I'm still a raccoon therian, so no major upheavals in my writings.

So yeah. Lemme do some typing and I'll get back to you.
    "In war, fear is the woman your mother warned you about."
    - Hiroshi Sakurazaka, "All You Need is Kill"

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I had heard I was mentioned (thanks to Lindiel), so I revived myself from ancient slumber and got back on in order to reply.

I do not give permission for "My therianthropy, too" to be posted.

But wait! That's only because I'd really, really like to rewrite it. If that's okay. A few things need elaboration, new insights need to be discussed, and some fluff needs to be trimmed. And that title: awful!

In my hiatus from Werelist I've been doing a lot of "journeying" and introspection, which I can also fully reveal for the first time to the internet. That makes it sound so much grander than it actually is. Don't worry, I'm still a raccoon therian, so no major upheavals in my writings.

So yeah. Lemme do some typing and I'll get back to you.
    I can totally understand wanting to fix up/redo a writing before having it added to that site. There's no rush on it, and just let me know whenever you have the writing the way you want it .

All righty, I finally typed up my re-work, Sonne, if you would like it. I'm not sure what format you would prefer, though.
    "In war, fear is the woman your mother warned you about."
    - Hiroshi Sakurazaka, "All You Need is Kill"

Question

Okay, due to depression plaguing me too much for years I had to put this project on hold. However, I'm considering starting back on it, so I'm trying to gauge interest in such a resource coming into fruition at this point. Especially since in order to have content for it, I have to get a wide variety of people contributing to it.

So yeah, are you all still interested in Radiant Obscurities becoming an actual site?

(Also, maybe this should be moved to Barn Raising? I'd do it myself but I feel odd doing that after all these years of not doing moderator things here :\.)