Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were a fictionkin

Default If you were a fictionkin

If you were a fictionkin, what do you think you would be and why?

If I was a fictionkin, I think I'd probably be a Pokemon, probably Houndoom or Ninetails because I just LOVE them to death because of how awesome they look and just are. Or maybe I'd be some kind of kitsune with either 3 or 5 tails because those are like the perfect numbers, but not 4 because an even number of tails seems bad to me. I like foxes and think the idea of having multiple tails is really cool. ^.=.^

If I was fictionkin, I'd be a vampire along the lines of Lestat. This is something I've toyed with in the past given my extreme love the vampire genre [Lestat and older] along with the Victorian era, etc. Think of anything stereotypically vampire [minus burning to a crisp in sunlight and being allergic to garlic], it's pretty much what I identify with.

There is a particular vampire that I really heavily with almost to the point of identifying as him and that is Lestat de Lioncourt. Everything about him has also spoken to me. Now, whether this is because he's the kind of man I want to be or something else is entirely up for debate.

Blog Entries

Myself and Mist Weaver are fictionkin - myself being a garou (specifically a Black Spiral Dancer) from Werewolf The Apocalypse and her a Named from the book series Ratha and the Named .

(Course for us, it has nothing to do with likes... but somehow I doubt that is the concern of this thread.)

- Cavern-Risen

Blog Entries

I'd probably be one of the wolves in Wolf's Rain if I was fictionkin, able to switch back and forth through an illusion so that I can blend in with society and have my wolf form to revert back to.

Or maybe a dragon would be nice, like a red dragon from World of Warcraft. I have always admired on how much they love other beings (well, those raised by Alexstrasza anyway, who happens to be the Aspect of Life) and I wish I could have that ability.

Used to do the whole "moogle" bit from final fantasy. I...probably wouldn't do again. In fact, I don't think I like the prospect too much. T'were I to choose, I guess I'd do Charizard, even though Mew fits me better. =^.^=;

Well, the thing I keep remembering is what it means to be -kin. To feel like you are x creature but not is pretty heavy on my mind, and while I was under the thought I was moogle, it maddened me to see how un-moogle I was, and how it felt forced. If t came to me more naturally, it makes me wonder about my grip with reality.

It's part of the reason I'd choose Charizard, because it's quite dragon-like and I can form some type of bond or connection with other dragons and as it stands, I'm okay with not having wings for flight, seeing as I've flown before (granted not in the same manner as a Charizard would). The fire breath can be emulated with human fire-breathing at least.

Despite all this, I still declared Mew to be more like me. I commonly cameo-shift, and at all, without losing sight of who I am, so that aspect of them fits me pretty damn well. I also love how cute they are! Tails are pretty damn nice, I might add. Maybe it's just that I am a cat, wouldn't mind being one again. Heh, there's a interesting tid-bit that, well, Mews could be solitary creatures, but the same could be said for most legendaries. The solidarity is fine with me, just, I kinda like being around others at time, which I guess they do, too. It's, a tad difficult to explain. =^.^=;
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

I've always thought that Furret was an adorable Pokemon, so I'll go with that just purely for cuteness.

Hm...It's most likely that I don't know very much at all about fictionkin (it's almost like a foreign language to me, I don't get it at all...), but I don't know what I'd be. :/ Part of me is pretty sure that I'd be some kind of werewolf from a story or something. Although I think, if I had a choice in the matter, I'd choose to be a Mrrshan from Master of Orion II. They're sooo cute...especially the pic of General R'lenn from Orion III.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

Blog Entries

though the writing wasn't the best in the world, I loved the descriptions of the characters in the book Hawksong. I should get around to reading the other ones in the series.
    I'd be happy to be either the avian or the serpiente, because my personality I feel tends to fall somewhere between what is described of those two races and I related to many aspects of both. I lean slightly more towards hawk though, and that's why I picked it as a halloween costume this year.

now, if we're talking less about being an actual fiction-kin person in real life, and more about really being the fictional creature, then just general shapeshifter all the way, with no limit whatsoever on the shapes or forms or anything else about it. as it is, that's my experience in my head, so it'd just be about making that physical. If I could *actually* shift, I'd go through a lot of shapes often, but I'd choose to spend the majority of my time as a snow leopard.

Does this have to be one that someone else wrote? Because to be honest there are some species from my own stories that I wouldn't mind being.
    Always remember that no matter how bad the situation might be, a Pessimist will always say that any change in the situation will be for the better. An Optimist would disagree.
    Using the word Feral to define non-anthropomorphic animals makes as much sense as using the word Republican to define someone's ethnicity or race. Most people will understand what you're saying, but it isn't a real answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAnonymousFox View Post
    Does this have to be one that someone else wrote? Because to be honest there are some species from my own stories that I wouldn't mind being.
    Same here. There's a massive cast of impossible creatures that lives inside my imagination; almost all of them are horribly terrifying and/or technically not alive. However, if I were one of them I'd be a (they don't actually have a name as far as I know): a hominid without all the detail. No hands, feet, or any facial features other than a pair of eyes and a cartoonish mouth when speaking. The head's a near-perfect sphere and the body's almost entirely featureless, just a pale white from spending centuries inside decaying skyscrapers. Also, the arms work sorta like octopus arms. They're hard to explain, but remarkably easy to draw.