Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were a fictionkin

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    (Course for us, it has nothing to do with likes... but somehow I doubt that is the concern of this thread.)

- Cavern-Risen
    Do you find this topic offensive? I'm not sure how I would feel about this conversation if I was you.

Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about this conversation as myself either. It seems like it is asking "if some very fundamental part of your identity was changed, who would you be?" which is sort of unanswerable. I can tell you some of my favorite characters or things that resonate with me, but who would I be if I wasn't me doesn't make much sense to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnAnonymousFox View Post
    Does this have to be one that someone else wrote? Because to be honest there are some species from my own stories that I wouldn't mind being.
    There is such a thing for fictionkin. They are called Insourced fictionkin where they identity as something that they created (course that gets into chicken or the egg debates but yeah).

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitive Dissonance View Post
    Do you find this topic offensive? I'm not sure how I would feel about this conversation if I was you.

Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about this conversation as myself either. It seems like it is asking "if some very fundamental part of your identity was changed, who would you be?" which is sort of unanswerable. I can tell you some of my favorite characters or things that resonate with me, but who would I be if I wasn't me doesn't make much sense to me.
    Basically my thoughts are the same as yours. I'm not sure. There are threads were people are asked what they would want or like their theriotype to be, but then again this simply asked if you were fictionkin what would you be could be taken differently.

- Mist Weaver

Blog Entries

Same here. I mean, I can try to think of fictional characters/species that resonate with me, but nothing really comes to mind, certainly nothing that is or could be -me- on such an integral level as my theriotype.

I can imagine what sorts of fictional things I would want to literally, physically BE if I could, but trying to imagine what I would identify as if I didn't already identify as what I am... doesn't really follow for me.

Sorry if this topic seems offensive or confusing, I meant it to just be fun like, what fiction thing do you most relate to or would you want to be, that's why it's in the fun and games section.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraWolfDragon View Post
    Sorry if this topic seems offensive or confusing, I meant it to just be fun like, what fiction thing do you most relate to or would you want to be, that's why it's in the fun and games section.
    I didn't think that you were trying to be offensive, and I'm personally not offended. The fiction-kin in the Chimera system are the only ones I can recall ever meeting. I know that Cavren-Risen has expressed displeasure in the past about fiction-kin not being taken seriously. I was wondering how her and Mist Weaver felt about this topic.

I do find it somewhat confusing, but phrased the way that you just did "what fictional thing do you most relate to" seems answerable to me. There is nothing that immediately jumps to mind for me though. I'll think about it some more.

I wouldn't want to be fictionkin, quite honestly. Please don't take that as offensive; I just can't see myself identifying as a character/creature from modern fiction.

However, if I were; I guess... A Dragon from the movie 'Reign of fire'.
    “We do not seek to convert anyone…only the Elven have any interest in being Elves. Yet in many, their elfin natures slumber and for these we sing the songs of awakening - Whether there ever were Elves is not as important to us as the fact that by manifestation, will, and burning desire, we are here now.”
    — The Silver Elves

FUN AND GAMES SECTION Just sayin'....not implying anything offensive at all I hope!

For me it would be a Firebender from Avatar the Last Airbender.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    FUN AND GAMES SECTION Just sayin'....not implying anything offensive at all I hope!
    Yes, but on the other hand when you haven’t been able to go much of anywhere in your own community over all the years you’ve been there without finding a fair lot of people wanting to play you as a joke or toss you aside as someone that just ‘likes’ something - you naturally get a little wary when something could turn into another “lets laugh at these crazy people” all over again. This thread isn’t, but I’ve seen other places turn into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I wouldn't want to be fictionkin, quite honestly. Please don't take that as offensive; I just can't see myself identifying as a character/creature from modern fiction.
    I don't want to be fictionkin either. In fact - I personally hate it some days. I honestly think I would change my identity at a drop of a hat if I could. I hate all the jokes and jabs. I wish... I could be something else most days.

- Mist Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    For me it would be a Firebender from Avatar the Last Airbender.
    Out of curiosity, does this count? I mean, a firebender is basically a human who can bend their inner fire to a physical manephestation. Unless of course you mean the firebending creators that are the dragons. XD

Again, fun and games!
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    Yes, but on the other hand when you haven’t been able to go much of anywhere in your own community over all the years you’ve been there without finding a fair lot of people wanting to play you as a joke or toss you aside as someone that just ‘likes’ something - you naturally get a little wary when something could turn into another “lets laugh at these crazy people” all over again. This thread isn’t, but I’ve seen other places turn into one.

I don't want to be fictionkin either. In fact - I personally hate it some days. I honestly think I would change my identity at a drop of a hat if I could. I hate all the jokes and jabs. I wish... I could be something else most days.

- Mist Weaver
    Yeah, maybe "kin" wasn't the best choice of words since it can be sensitive, it seems to be more like "if you could be a pokemon, or a superhero, or wahtever" but I'm not sure that was what KaraWD was asking in the first place. And in that sense my answer was more what I would rather BE, instead of being a kin of, since then I would still be stuck in this stupid human body that isn't a wolf AND can't firebend.

But I understand and sympathise with your wariness, but still trying to keep it light!

@Akai .... I have no idea if it does or not! If I REALLY wanted to be me? I would be a firebending wolf! Hah!!!