Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exotic martial arts

Default Exotic martial arts

I know karate, and I'm pretty good at it but I was thinking of expanding my technique. So I'm going to study Tai Quan Moe: Way of the two fingered fist. There's eye gouging, diffent kinds of eye gouging, overhead head strikes, and exotic weapons training including things like the frying pan. It's not all offensive training though. There's Iron Curly body hardening. If you do enough of that you become nearly indestructible and able to recover from anything and you learn a great sweep kick.

So does anyone else plan on taking any specialized combat forms?
    Hmmm...

The only specialized combat forms i need to know are the ones that I learned from video games. They actualy do work.

Blog Entries

I was thinking of taking Tai Chi or whatever form it is that's pacifistic in nature, because I don't believe in hurting the opponent, just disabling them so they don't hurt me.

Blog Entries

Well I'd rather go with Tai Chi, but I've also thought of capoeira, the art of Brazilian dance fighting.

I feel like none of you caghut on to the 3 stooges reference.

The only form that I was overly interested in learning is Northern Shaolin Kung-fu. I liked the very strong, powerful motions that make up this technique.
    -Rail
    Dal momento che sono vivo...questa รจ l'unica strada che posso prendere.

бороться до конца

Come on, this isnt funny any more. None of you are getting the joke, this is boaring now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkWulf View Post
    Come on, this isnt funny any more. None of you are getting the joke, this is boaring now.
    DrkWulf, please stay on topic. Feel free to edit your post to make it clearer. I've never heard of the three stooges playing any video games, so I don't understand the joke, either.

Alliana, if you're interested in a more pacifist art, you might check out something that doesn't emphasize strikes but rather joint locks or restraints. Certain forms of ju-jitsu do this, as well as aikido. I don't think you learn Tai Chi as a martial art, but more as a relaxation method.
    Nothing I post on this forum is meant to be rude, disrespectful, or insulting. You do not have to respond to me. Answering my questions is completely optional.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ~ Unknown

The original post made by the person who started the thread made the reference, not me.
    like fireworks, i saw the lights
    filling up my shadow
    when night falls, the stars shine bright
    like a road to carry me home

Quote Originally Posted by DrkWulf View Post
    The original post made by the person who started the thread made the reference, not me.
    That one I did catch. Sorry for the confusion.
    Nothing I post on this forum is meant to be rude, disrespectful, or insulting. You do not have to respond to me. Answering my questions is completely optional.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ~ Unknown