Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal superhero's

Default Animal superhero's

Ok I got a question for everyone. Who is your favorite animal superhero.? Mine is, Ninja turtles, underdog, dinosaucers, road rovers and comic book superhero call THE ASTOUNDING WOLF-MAN.

Blog Entries

Superdog. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Isn't its name Krypto?

Hotdogwolf, I would like Road Rovers, if they weren't so blatantly stereotypical. It's embarrassing. I do, however, think my favorite animal super hero is Razor from S.W.A.T. Kats (if they can be considered super heroes).
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

OH my god, I can't believe I forgot all about swat cats. I love that show. Akai what do you mean about the road rovers being blatantly stereotypical. I thought they were ok. Do you mean the way they acted.

Blog Entries

Animal superheros.... as far as actual super hero comics and cartoons...
    Well, if Thundercats count, then Thundercats!
    I don't think these count as "super" heros, but they were the protagonists of their books?
    Models for me, growing up, were characters like... Hazel, from Watership Down, the Irish Setters from Jim Kjelgaard's "Big Red", "Irish Red", and "Outlaw Red", the Black Stallion from the books of the same name, Amarok and Kapu from Julie of the Wolves, Bambi and his father, from the books Bambi and Bambi's Children, and probably many others I'm forgetting about at the moment.

Cloudfoot, The thundercats count. I am sure the thundercats are superhero like. I never heard of these other characters before. I know who bambi is but I don't think bambi is a superhero. Unless it's a different bambi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Isn't its name Krypto?
    Yes. Krypto the Superdog.

That was kind of a tongue-in-cheek answer. That image just makes me laugh.

The characters Cloudfoot mentioned are some of the only ones I know very well: Hazel, Amarok and Kapu, Bambi, etc... but I don't know if those are really superheroes.

I guess I've never been really huge into superheroes (gah, that's twice now I've accidentally typed 'superhoes' first). Maybe I would have liked them more if I'd known some of these animal superheroes. I might have to look some of these up.

You can look them up on wikipedia, For superhero's kisota.

Blog Entries

Kisota,

I laughed at the little panels too Superman is so serious...
    Also, glad to know someone else knows about my book characters, heheh!

Hotdogwolf,

I guess I was never really into the idea about animals as superheroes... So those characters were the closest I got. I did like Batman and Spiderman, but they were humans. I guess I always just preferred animals that do amazing things just by being (or maybe 'despite being') animals. Sure, it would have been easy for Hazel to do the things he did if he was a cape-wearing anthropomorphic rabbit, but isn't it more amazing that he did them as an ordinary rabbit?
    Ah well, maybe that's just me

Blog Entries

I liked Old Yeller, he could be considered a "superdog" for saving his owners not once but twice from threats.

Even though it's saddening on what happens to him.