Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tails, Tails Everywhere!

Default Tails, Tails Everywhere!

Ive looked around for a while on random sites and I noticed there are a lot of people with animal tails. I could never imagine wearing one in public but I do see the fun of doing it alone.
    I happened upon these two dragon tail that wow I love them for different reason.

This tail is amazingly as long as my own tail form the one time Ive had a phantom one. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6637696/

But I would want it to look like this.
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2489240/

What are your views on tail wearing? Do you have one? If so do you wear it outside or only in the home?
    If you have a tail show it off! lets see all those cool looking tails.
    "Strength is not determined by how much you carry but who you carry it for." - My guide told me that.

We have a number of tails around. I have a couple deer tails and a raccoon tail, and for a while I was wearing them in my hair, tied into a ponytail. Haven't been doing it lately because I'm no longer at art school, where I could do that and no one would bat an eyelash. We'll wear animal things at home sometimes (my partner and I both have headdresses - he made mine) and I have a pair of deer ears from Lupa, but it's primarily at home, privately.

I have a cool-looking tail (though it's not really good or realistic) and I will try to take a pic of it. I am currently making a yarn tail that is white though it's not as cool as some I've seen.

I don't really like the idea of wearing a tail at school or in public because I feel like people will think I'm crazy (but I am crazy! :P) and I am not very open about myself in school. If I wasn't so shy I would wear a tail and probably other things, but people probably already think I'm weird because I make animal noises with my therian friend. I would definately wear animal stuff for special occasions like parties and Halloween and howls and conventions, but I would only wear tails in public if I was with a group of friends that were okay with it.

I have two tails, but none are realistic. I have worn them outside sometimes, but not often at all. I do like how it feels though, I enjoy having something there!

I do want a more realistic one, that fits better (the ones I have are somewhat uncomfortable) and that I could wear when I go on forest walks...

I don't have a tail yet, I want one, but I don't think I would ware one in public. I would ownly ware one in my house.

I have a yarn tail, which I made myself. I won't be wearing it in public any time soon.

I wear it around my house though, when I'm home alone. It's nice to have something physically tangible to represent my phantom tail.

I don't have a tail, and I'm not sure I want one. I would like to try one on, to see if it feels comfortable and looks good on me and all that, sure, but I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it in public in any case. At home, well, probably not the smartest thing yet. XD
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

My cat tails include: a feather-made calico tail, a plush false-fur black tail, and a soft false fur white tail. I also have quite a collection of matching and mismatching cat ears of various kinds of headbands and hair clips.

I don't wear these anymore unless it's halloween, or I want to add to my ren faire costume--or if my cosplay can be crackified a bit. However, I used to wear them whenever I went to hang out with my friends back in high school. This was partly to fit in among goths where I obviously wasn't goth. (I wear far too many bright happy colors, while all my friends were wearing black and spikes....) I do not think this was my brightest idea in the world, but my friends thought it was cute and it made me feel close to my therianthropy at the time.

Now I don't wear them because it's such a strong social failing to do so, especially when I'm trying to be professional and be a proper university student. My friends probably wouldn't care if I wore them around them, but I started getting annoyed by the fake ears and tail because they get in the way and limit my phantom ears and tail.

I have contemplated getting better quality tail than the ones I have, just to wear around the house, or the necomini ears because at least they would move and possibly it would make me feel less weird that my ears don't move beyond a wiggle.
    "Everyone sees what you appear to be,
    few experience what you really are
    ."
    ―Niccolò Machiavelli

I don't have a tail though I would love one. It would only be worn at home, for conventions, and for Halloween. Wearing them in public is silly to me and can sometimes mess with your image, something I'm not willing to do as I would like a high paying job one day [it's also why I don't gauge my ears or have piercings on my face].

But at a convention, it'd be free reign.

I try to be careful about wearing fur in public as I have been met with plenty of rude and ignorant behavior. However, in my own home I do own and wear coyote fur. I have even tried methods of silicone adhesives to attach fur to my body, but I have access to prosthetic silicone/a studio/ teachers. Tails were at first the most attractive to own and wear but now I find I love having a whole pelt. I have had a pelt worked on by nature punk as well as I have learned to do some pelt rehydration myself. It has been very satisfying to work with animal fur and my body and become more intimate with the animal I identify with. I also have pelts that were by products of another industry or unwanted, damaged, etc.