Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tails, Tails Everywhere!

I made a solid white wolf style yarn tail last year to go with my Halloween costume. That's the only time I've worn it in public and I don't really wear it around the house. I need to add more "fluffs" to my tail in certain areas to make it look more full.

I'd love to have one but don't have the time to make one and have no idea how to otherwise go about getting one.

A nice, fluffy/ feathery (in the cat tail sense of the word) black tail would be wonderful. I don't know about public, but I'd probably wear it often at home and when I go for walks at the lake/ forest.
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

Blog Entries

I have a yarn tail I made, but it was for a deer costume...
    There's also a (real), grayish white fox tail that I have worn in the past or used as part of a costume, that I got at a local medieval fair.

Currently... I'm on the lookout for a large, white/pale wolf tail from Lupa, but although she said she had some wolf tails coming in soon, none have showed up in her stores yet.
    I intend to use that one for walks outdoors, induced meditative shifts, and to keep as essentially a spiritual "part of my skin".

I have a yarn fox tail that I got about a year back. I wear it around the house or at school occasionally. There's a small group of us that all wear tails at my school, which I think is pretty cool.

I have a tail, its a greyish brown wolf tail. It isn't real wolf fur, but it does look like it a lot. I wear it on my hip sometimes. It just keeps the Wolf inside close.

Blog Entries

I have a regular faux fur tail I used to use for Halloween. It was weighted with chain to swing more.

The yarn tail I made later is much better, though. It wags and sways and is also pretty fluffy. The colors are also more accurate to how I feel they should be.

While I enjoy wearing the tail and occasionally put in on in the house (it can be sort of comforting when I'm feeling more animal), I really wouldn't wear it outside the house other than for Halloween, which I did this year. Costuming or conventions are some of the only public places I think it's appropriate to wear things like that. I don't like to attract attention to myself, nor do I like to be so blatant and silly about such personal things. I try pretty hard to seem normal so I can function well and succeed in academia and the real world... and wearing fluffy tails, however cute, isn't very conducive to that.

I have had the same red fox tail (which is attachable by a denim loop the trader place on the base) since 2004. I wear it when I am at home, or as a costume piece when I can get away with it in various events/conventions. I would like a pelt that I could wear, and I am working on the layout for it now (a vest with a hood and tail), so that I may "skinwalk" with a shaman I know.

Blog Entries

Earth Listener and Cavern-Risen have a coyote tail (along with the face), but its only for ritual purposes (though that almost never happens so she usually just rests on a shelf) so she is not something they just ’wear.’

We find tails and collars really personally silly and off-putting anymore. Mostly do to how much they have been over hyped and turned into a fashion trend by some people like self described ‘teen wolves’ and young therians. So because of all that we just can’t take them seriously anymore if someone is trying to connect it to their therianthropy. Sadly that just has become our automatic relation anymore.

For like furry fandom purposes if we could ever go to a meet or convention even, we’ve played with the idea of making a tail from our fursona but its basically just a long lion-like unicorn tail.

- Earth Listener

I have some kind of fox tail although it could also pass for a wolf tail. It's synthetic but it's too short so it doesn't make realistic movements when you walk so I will make a new one myself when I have the materials for it ;A;
    But I wear it inside of my house and outside as well. I'd just clip it on my pants at the back and yes, ofcourse some people give me a weird look when they see it, but I don't really care. I want to wear a tail, so I will wear a tail.
    My mom doesn't agree with it, though. Saying people will think I'm crazy, but if hobo's can sing childhood songs on the street I don't think I can get any more weird.
    Wearing it to school is a big "no" though, since there are these childish kids who surely will yank on it and break it, and then I would be very upset and it wouldn't end happy for those kids who will meet my rage. xD

I wish I had a yarn tail. They look really nice. Sometime I guess I will try to make one.

Siverwolf.
    Celtic Werewolf
    "Homo-Lycanthropus"

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.