Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 240 of 240

Thread: "What?! I Think I'm an Animal" - Therian Documentary

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,952
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmuffins View Post

    I also wasn't a huge fan of the Kim/Luna business. The way she described her experience sounded more like some form of multiplicity to me, and while I believe that sort of experience is totally fine and valid, I didn't like it being classified as therianthropy, per se.
    Yeah, I didn't like it either. I thought that sort of thing should have been cut out, in my opinion. I also find it hard to believe that her wolf side can talk human and in a british accent, no less. :P

  2. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,952
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graytooth
    This kind of sparked an idea of mine..

    What if - by some damn miracle - a therian active in the community became a professional in making documentaries at a high level? I mean, this way, they could know exactly how to make the documentary without outting themselves. They would know who to look for, and how to reflect the community in a better light. All the editing and stuff would be done in order to make interviewees look significantly better, rather than the usual and disappointing contrary.

    It seems far-fetched, but hey, I can dream right?
    Hell, I'd be all for it as long as they are the mature type and not the type that dresses up in furry costumes and go bowling.

    I really don't like therianthropy = furry fandom.

    Edit: Sorry for the double post, I meant to edit the other post but somehow I ended up on another one.

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR, USA
    Posts
    4,850
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    Yeah, I didn't like it either. I thought that sort of thing should have been cut out, in my opinion. I also find it hard to believe that her wolf side can talk human and in a british accent, no less. :P
    Kim/Luna on this very thread has come out to say that they are multiple but didn't know about multicplity until people brought up to her after the airing.

    Also, we are animals in a multiple system so yeah we do speak English and have accents, so I take issue with your statement "find it hard to believe that her wolf side can talk human and in a British accent." Because therians in multiple systems do talk just as you can talk. Just because someone who identifies as a nonhuman animal is a part of a multiple system does not mean they are different than someone that identifies as a nonhuman animal that is singlet. A therian is still a therian.

    - Z

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,952
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    Kim/Luna on this very thread has come out to say that they are multiple but didn't know about multicplity until people brought up to her after the airing.

    Also, we are animals in a multiple system so yeah we do speak English and have accents, so I take issue with your statement "find it hard to believe that her wolf side can talk human and in a British accent." Because therians in multiple systems do talk just as you can talk. Just because someone who identifies as a nonhuman animal is a part of a multiple system does not mean they are different than someone that identifies as a nonhuman animal that is singlet. A therian is still a therian.

    - Z
    Ehhh, I guess we'd have to agree to disagree. I find issue with the whole animal speaking for them with an accent almost as much as a person finds issue with a wild animal therioside wearing a collar. But maybe that's because my therioside, when I m-shift, acts like a regular animal.

    Sorry for offending you.

  5. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR, USA
    Posts
    4,850
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    Ehhh, I guess we'd have to agree to disagree. I find issue with the whole animal speaking for them with an accent almost as much as a person finds issue with a wild animal therioside wearing a collar. But maybe that's because my therioside, when I m-shift, acts like a regular animal.

    Sorry for offending you.
    I think you misunderstand. Just like you do not always act like an animal and have an accent so do other therians and this includes therians who are in a multiple system. Therians in multiple systems also shift and when they do, yes they act like their species. But a therian is not ways in such a deeply shifted state they can not speak or act human. (And if they did they onot be able to function.) That is what I mean by therians in multiple system are therians. I mean do you always act like a regular animal and have no ability to speak? No. Then why place that on another therian? You can speak and act human, so can other therians that happen to be in a multiple system.

    You didn't offend me. Your I just find your assumption that, some reason, other therians always act like they in a deep mental shift 24/7 really bizarre.

    - Z

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,952
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    I think you misunderstand. Just like you do not always act like an animal and have an accent so do other therians and this includes therians who are in a multiple system. Therians in multiple systems also shift and when they do, yes they act like their species. That is what I mean by therians in multiple system are therians. I mean do you always act like a regular animal and have no ability to speak? No. Then why place that on another therian?

    - Z
    Yeah, I don't always act like a regular animal considering I restrain myself a lot of the time. I was just meaning that when Luna fronted, it was just weird to me that this "wolf" had the same accent she did and talked like a perfectly good human.

    But yeah, I didn't mean that she would always act like a regular animal, it just seems weird to me that a wolf can talk human at all. When I have a m-shift, I tend to want to do more animalistic things. Now, granted, I still do have the ability to talk but it is not my "wolf" or "cat" side talking, mainly cause they can't talk other than make noise.

    You didn't offend me. I just find your assumption that, some reason, other therians always act like they in a deep mental shift 24/7 really bizarre.

    - Z
    Now you misunderstand, but that's acceptable since I have a problem with words at times:

    Nah, I didn't mean that they are always in a deep mental shift 24/7. I just meant that I found it weird that her wolf side can speak human. Life would suck for me even more if I was stuck in a mental shift 24/7.

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR, USA
    Posts
    4,850
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    Yeah, I don't always act like a regular animal considering I restrain myself a lot of the time. I was just meaning that when Luna fronted, it was just weird to me that this "wolf" had the same accent she did and talked like a perfectly good human.

    But yeah, I didn't mean that she would always act like a regular animal, it just seems weird to me that a wolf can talk human at all. When I have a m-shift, I tend to want to do more animalistic things. Now, granted, I still do have the ability to talk but it is not my "wolf" or "cat" side talking, mainly cause they can't talk other than make noise.

    Nah, I didn't mean that they are always in a deep mental shift 24/7. I just meant that I found it weird that her wolf side can speak human.
    But that is what I am trying to explain. Your animal sides are still you. If someone is multiple, there are different people involved. Its one person who has an 'animal side' as you put it. So if they are multiple, Luna isn't Kim's animal side, Luna is another person. That is what it means to be multiple.

    First you say, it reminds you of multiplicity but then you still want to consider it therianthropy. It cannot be both. Someone cannot be a separate person, yet still be a part of a person. If Kim/Luna still agree they are a multiple system, then that means when they switched, Luna who is a wolf therian herself began fronting.

    Take me for example. I am a snowy owl therian (among other things). I am speaking to you and can speak English. My theriotype is a snowy owl. I am not, however, say Cavern-Risen's owl side. Because I'm not Cavern-Risen, nor am I her. I am the snowy owl guy in this system. It me who identifies as one and gets all the therianthropic related stuff from being one thrown on me. Just as they do for their own kinds of therianthropy.

    - Z

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,952
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Ohhhh, okay. Yeah, I get it now! Thanks for the explanation! I was just taking things literally, it seems. I suppose that's where the confusion came from.

    I was just thinking of her being an actual wolf that was talking rather than someone who just had a wolf side and that bugged me.

  9. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTooth View Post
    This kind of sparked an idea of mine..

    What if - by some damn miracle - a therian active in the community became a professional in making documentaries at a high level? I mean, this way, they could know exactly how to make the documentary without outting themselves. They would know who to look for, and how to reflect the community in a better light. All the editing and stuff would be done in order to make interviewees look significantly better, rather than the usual and disappointing contrary.

    It seems far-fetched, but hey, I can dream right?
    Well then, to your "far-fetched" idea comes my far-fetched response, hehe - I am currently studying drama and theatre, and I'll learn a thing or two about writing, making and producing films etc., and making a down-to-earth, fair, professional documentary from the inside of the therian community is something I really wanna do in the future. So... I guess we'll see?
    Now that we got gone for good
    Writhing under your riding hood
    Tell your gra'ma and your mama too
    It's true, true, true, true

  10. #240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    Kim/Luna on this very thread has come out to say that they are multiple but didn't know about multicplity until people brought up to her after the airing.

    Also, we are animals in a multiple system so yeah we do speak English and have accents, so I take issue with your statement "find it hard to believe that her wolf side can talk human and in a British accent." Because therians in multiple systems do talk just as you can talk. Just because someone who identifies as a nonhuman animal is a part of a multiple system does not mean they are different than someone that identifies as a nonhuman animal that is singlet. A therian is still a therian.

    - Z
    I dont need to say anything, House of Chimeras covered it perfectly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •