Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book of therian 'stories'?

So its taking off, this is very exciting, I'm quite interested in this project!
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

I'd just like to offer my assistance in any way I can, since I think it's a great idea.

What kind of stories would we put in it? Philosophical articles that therians have written, or personal anecdotes about how people grew up as or discovered they were therian, and maybe interesting events that they've been through relating to it (there is a certain toaster incident that comes to mind ^.^). Or would it be along the lines or poems or short stories?
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon.K. View Post
    What kind of stories would we put in it? Philosophical articles that therians have written, or personal anecdotes about how people grew up as or discovered they were therian, and maybe interesting events that they've been through relating to it (there is a certain toaster incident that comes to mind ^.^). Or would it be along the lines or poems or short stories?
    Or how about a combination of all of the above?

Or how about a combination of all of the above?
    I agree with ShadowWalker. It would be best to include a bit of everything. Articles, self-discovery stories, experiences, verse, all would be good.

I love this idea. I'd be happy to submit one myself! As for funding, I agree with other people on crowd-funding. Kickstarters are in right now!
    Why have you brought me a grumpy old lion when you promised me a beautiful young niece?

I'd have to put my word in.

I would be willing to contribute anything and everything. Anecdotes are the one thing I've written for the therian community more than anything else, and I have quite a number of them, whether therian related or not. XP

At the same time, I have experience delving both into the spiritual and psychological sides of therianthropy, and can probably write from both sides without much bias.
    "In war, fear is the woman your mother warned you about."
    - Hiroshi Sakurazaka, "All You Need is Kill"

The project seems interesting, and there's definitely a lack of such published books which is a shame. Might I suggest self-publishing through an online place like lulu.com? I haven't used it yet, but once the book is finished it seems fairly easy to get it into a physical book through them and then folks can pay for it as they need it. Unless the stories were collected in such a way like The Forest Voice ShadowWalker mentioned. Or available via a printable PDF or something. I personally prefer the idea of an actual book I can put on my shelf, but depending on the length, a magazine/PDF/etc. might be better and more practical.

Personally, I think articles like how to's and FAQ's aren't a good idea simply because therianthropy doesn't have any set rules per se, that, and there are plenty of websites out there dealing with this already. I think stories, poems, personal experiences are more the way to go. And having as diverse experiences as possible would be good too.

Also, as an English major, I enjoy editing/proofreading so I can help with that too.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    The project seems interesting, and there's definitely a lack of such published books which is a shame. Might I suggest self-publishing through an online place like lulu.com? I haven't used it yet, but once the book is finished it seems fairly easy to get it into a physical book through them and then folks can pay for it as they need it. Unless the stories were collected in such a way like The Forest Voice ShadowWalker mentioned. Or available via a printable PDF or something. I personally prefer the idea of an actual book I can put on my shelf, but depending on the length, a magazine/PDF/etc. might be better and more practical.

Personally, I think articles like how to's and FAQ's aren't a good idea simply because therianthropy doesn't have any set rules per se, that, and there are plenty of websites out there dealing with this already. I think stories, poems, personal experiences are more the way to go. And having as diverse experiences as possible would be good too.

Also, as an English major, I enjoy editing/proofreading so I can help with that too.
    One must be careful with self-publishging sites though. I've heard some bad things about lulu.com and generally to steer clear of it. It has been over a year since I went to check it out, but I imagine its still essentially the same as when I did go look at..
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

Quote Originally Posted by lemurflight View Post
    One must be careful with self-publishging sites though. I've heard some bad things about lulu.com and generally to steer clear of it. It has been over a year since I went to check it out, but I imagine its still essentially the same as when I did go look at..
    One must also be careful of posting anything online though too.

What specifically did you hear about lulu? I'm curious because I plan to eventually use them to publish my own novel someday.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch