Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for Therian Writings

Default Call for Therian Writings

We are looking for essays from therians to be included in a publication, tentatively titled Under the Skin: Therian Community Voices. The goal of this project is to compile written works by therians or animalistic otherkin which describe their experiences with therianthropy/animality.

If you have essays, stories, or poetry about your animality, or on topics such as shifting, phantom limbs, discovering your theriotype, species dysphoria, or anything else pertaining to your therianthropy, please consider submitting them for this publication.

Nominations are also welcome if there is an essay or poem written by someone else which you would like to suggest to us to potentially include in this work.

Submission requirements:

• The topic of the work must pertain to therianthropy or experiences of animality from therians and otherkin.
      • The work should be creative and original; consider what makes this experience unique to you, as we want to share a wide variety of experiences and voices.
      • The work must be completed to a relatively polished degree. Please check for grammar, spelling and continuity. If you have a learning difference or if English is not your first language, or if for any other reason you need assistance bringing your writing to a higher level of craft, contact us - we can help.
      • Works of up to 5,000 words in length will be accepted.
      • The author must be available to be contacted for copy-editing.
      • You may submit as many works as you wish; however, only two pieces per person will be selected for inclusion.
      • Please list an author name you would like to go by for your accepted submissions.
      • The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2013.

To submit your work or someone else’s, or to ask any questions about this project, please email it to yourdeermails@gmail.com, or post to the “Under the Skin” subforum in the “Werelist Media Center” section of the Werelist forums, making a new thread for each submission.

Just a quick question: for how long will you be collecting written works?
    "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."
    -Ray Bradbury

Feel free to sift through this document: http://www.werelist.net/forums/showt...highlight=KAPS for a useful chunk.

It was written as a cheat sheet for an oral (radio) interview, so it's more conversational in tone. I kept meaning to rewrite and organize it into a more academic format, but lack the time. The chatty tone might actually work better for this project however and be more accessible.

Hmm, I have so many therianthropy writings I honestly am not sure which ones to go with for this. I'm definitely interested in submitting one or two writings, but if anyone has particular preference for which one(s) they'd like to see in this book, please let me know. I'll let this project's team know when I've chosen them and I'll go through my given pieces to revise and edit them.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Project Shift, and help contribute to its further development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

Yayyy I'm totally gonna submit my stuffs. Not sure which ones would be best though. :s

Is it all just non-fiction, or can we make some realistic fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by KaraWolfDragon View Post
    Is it all just non-fiction, or can we make some realistic fiction?
    I think we're going for a more 'this is what therians experience' feel, so non-fiction only please.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Kay, just checking. I figured, though... Couldn't hurt to ask.

Also, can I write something about my cameo shifts since I'm a shapeshifter? (Non-physically, of course)

@ Lindiel: The deadline for entry is July 15th.

@ Kara: Cameo shift writings would be great - shapeshifter/polytherian stuff is still animalistic/therian, so it falls in the category just fine in my book.

@ Savage: I think the "personal experiences" section might work really nicely for this. Thanks.
    Last edited by yourdeer; April 6th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Yay, I can has write about my shapeshift experiences!

I might consider submitting my essay about my personal Therianthropy that I've written here: http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30521

I need to review it again and make some updates first.