Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Daily Dose Of Positivity

Blog Entries

Feeling pretty good today, was really productive. I need to get some photos, but I've turned several more antler into wall-mounted holders for the macrame plant hangers that I made. I also made a new macrame plant hanger and finally got my lovely, thriving spider plant hung up!

Plus I learned to do Tunisian crochet... I'm really into the knit stitch, which, as you might expect, resembles basic knitting. When I tried to learn to knit some years back, I tore up my yarn and had a bad time. I felt a lot more comfortable with crochet later on, where I felt like only one of my hands was truly "stuck." But I really like the look of knit. So I'm stoked to have a way to create it.

I promised myself if I learned it, I could invest in some really nice baby alpaca yarn to make myself a God-Tier-Warmth neck gaiter for field work. Ouch, my bank account but... gorgeous heathered sagey-green alpaca yarn is on the way...

Blog Entries

I've been meaning to reply to Kisota's posts about running through through the coyote pack. I would feel ecstatic. Such a cool experience, and a big incentive to get outside.

I'm reminded of the eastern coyote/"coywolf" pack that roamed a wooded hydro corridor near my old home in the suburbs. I went hiking there one night and interrupted the entire pack. I could hear them all around me, paws crunching on leaves. They went silent, presumably watching me. I had a heavy Maglite in my hands but didn't feel afraid. We had many indirect encounters over the years. It wasn't hard to find their den site in the spring (and I gave it a wide berth, of course) and the remains of their kills, including the head, forelegs, and spinal column of a deer. Wild turkey feathers. Rabbit fur. I would always come home covered in burrs.

I'm in the countryside right now. A wild pack was yipping up a storm last night. I should get a handsaw and a violin bow and add my voice. Will they start howling along? Does it work? SCIENCE!
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov

The neighbors let me come over and play with their dog. Every time I come or leave, she jumps up on the fence and barks and whimpers. She loves cuddles, walks, and to run around with me. Sometimes, she'll bark at me when she's feeling playful and also gets nibbly from time to time. She's a big black and white collie mix with long fur.

Blog Entries

I have over a thousand dollars worth of art supplies from various shops in Toronto. I can sketch, paint with gouache or watercolour or oil paint, use coloured pencils, do leather-burning and wood-burning... I don't even know where to begin! This is a pretty decent problem to have.
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov

Blog Entries

I made a new friend recently!! It's nice because I haven't really made any new friends in almost 2 years. One of my other friends introduced me to him and all of us were talking on discord and playing games online for hours. I can't really go out at the moment because my city is in lockdown due to covid for the rest of the week (assuming the lockdown isn't extended lol) but once we can all go out again I'll actually get to meet him and hang out with him and all my other friends, which I really look forward to. My mental health has not been great so far this year and I've only seen two friends since the start of the year, so maybe this will make me feel a little better. Also once we get out of lockdown I'll actually be going to university instead of listening to lectures and doing my work online, so hopefully I'll be able to meet even more people and make more friends then!!

I have started to walk regularly. It is doing wonders for me and it's only been a week.

Blog Entries

When life gives you coffee beans and what you really wanted was a cup of coffee.

( Was going to post in blog photos but seems broken? It's funny so it went here )

Recently I studied a bit how to use some composite materials and calculate their properties... And I absolutely admire this guy.

Two more videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gcvUFQMfs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz_bsglFk4k

It is a DIY craft with exceptional weight perfection.