Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Daily Dose Of Positivity

Got a Japanese dictionary for Christmas

Blog Entries

I skipped my usual rest day today, because I've been feeling far too stir-crazy. So I've run over 20km this week. One of my ankles has been sore in a strange way too.

But it was all worth it. Even though I got a later start than usual today, I got a great look at one of the local coyotes during my run.

It's 2:25 AM.
    I am eating an entire bag of steamed asparagus.
    I don't give a damn.

Blog Entries

Ankle getting worse, so we got me a brace today. Sigh - I’m always like this; I get hurt and pretend I’m not and make it worse. I’d be the sad-lamp dog with the e-collar I suppose.

BUT.

It was WORTH it, dang it. I saw the coyote again, running in the distance through the fresh snow just like me. And the bald eagle had a mate with it at the pond today. It was great, and I discovered some more paths to run. Not 100% sure I’m allowed to be there, as it’s a sidewalk going through the golf course, but I think it’s public. If it’s not, what are they going to do? I’m already running...

I think I may know a spot the coyote beds down during the day. The fresh snow had a line of narrow tracks running across a frozen pond to a culvert behind some overgrown vegetation... Very cool. I thought I might have a boring time today because I was late getting out, but the lighting from the snowy weather was awesome and I saw a lot.

I got a short haircut and it's really helping with my dysphoria... Downside is my mom wants to call me Sharla

Blog Entries

I saw my coyote “friend” again this morning! This time he was right on the sidewalk just in front of me. Awesome. I only ever see the one in this area, so maybe he doesn’t have a mate. I might have to run in a different area sometimes, where I’ve at least once seen a pair. I think I’ve pretty well staked out this guy’s home range, but now I’m curious about the others.

Blog Entries

Ahh. Peace and quiet. Finally. Today is a good day.

Blog Entries

Suspicions confirmed!! There are at least FOUR coyotes! I ran right through the pack this morning. I’m so delighted. I wonder if they’ll have pups this season.

I got a decent look at one a little bit later by the other pond. He even sat down (until he saw I’d stopped to get a better look, and then he moved on... senpai, DON’T NOTICE ME.) I THINK that one may have been a young one from last year. Lots of magpies at the pond today too.

Anyway, that was really rewarding. It was especially cold this morning, I had a hard time getting myself out there, and there was snow and ice making the jaunt a little more treacherous. But it was very worth it. Hoping to see some local wildlife and good sunrises really helps me kick my own ass out the door in the morning.

It's been really cold and snowy here for the past week. I absolutely love cold weather and I can feel how it's helped to lift my mood, especially because its been mixed with plenty of sunlight and the days aren't too short compared to in December.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Some good covid news in the UK today: All over 70s, the clinically extremely vulnerable, care home residents, care home staff, and frontline health and social care workers have been offered their first vaccine! Overall, over 15 million people (about a quarter of our population) have been given a first dose.

I'm really hoping we can start lifting some of the most stringent restrictions within the next month or two.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf