Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Daily Dose Of Positivity

Yay the site is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Yay the site is back!
    Oh, So it wasn't just me then that Werelist wasn't working for.? Ok, Glad it's back too. Hugs and Kiss Werelist.

Blog Entries

I ordered a full painting from that same friend who did my current avatar...

And I just love it. I gave her the prompt of a tallgrass prairie scene, like where I grew up, and sent some photos of the kinds of vistas I was thinking of.

But the bison and the hawk?? Just perfect; it's almost like she pulled the scene from my mind. I've been wanting to draw "myself" trotting by bison.

Blog Entries

Forest Wind, I noticed your absence. What an excellent find! And already clean. I'm envious. You always have the coolest adventures and you range so far. Like a wild wolverine, to state what's obvious. Do you ever get tired? You must have some impressive muscle.

My first coyote skull smelled pretty bad even after cleaning.

I have a network of friends and acquaintances who obtain skulls ethically. No wolves yet. As of recently, my collection contains a Canadian lynx skull, which is unexpectedly tiny.

I'd expected a huge, wolflike head because of their huge, wolflike paws.

When I did my updated wildlife rehab knowledge test in Aurora, Ontario, which has woods and bears, I spotted ravens among the towering pines and went "Ooh, ravens!" and pulled my best friend into a park-like secluded driveway. The birds were congregating around a fallen member of their brethren. We each took a shedded feather before we headed back home.

Likewise, and around the same time point, I remember following a local coywolf/eastern coyote pack's trail to a dead deer. This was in maybe 2010? The meat was all gone. Coyotes can be thorough and didn't appear to be choosy. All of the vertebrae and some of the foreleg bones were present, creating an outline. I still regret not taking the skull. ("Eastern coyote" is the preferred scientific term; "coywolf" is problematic.)

Anyway! I love that portrait, Kiso! I've been meaning to commission your artist. Your prairie reminds me of a much wilder, more majestic version of the hydro corridor and associated woods the eastern coyote pack lived in. We still have rolling hills there, but for as long as I've known, they end abruptly in a line of farmhouses with loud barky dogs. The digital painting makes my heart ache with the blue-sky optimistic energy I still sometimes feel, listening to music and imagining wide open skies and copses of trees in fields where you can roam and roam. (I bet the thunderstorms are brutal, though!)
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; October 7th, 2020 at 03:26 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm really pleased with some of my skull finds and clean-ups lately. I've finally gotten around to some of my "project skulls", a few of which I've had and needed to clean up for years!

Prairie dog from 2015 with intact jaw! Very rare find, and the desert cottontail roadkill I ate last summer. Also intact with all the teeth. So beautiful.

Here's a coyote before and after from this spring. I have coyotes from three different states I've lived in now!!

I also have a domestic sheep with the jaw and everything, that was SUUUPER greasy and gross and is now the most stunning smooth, dense, clean bone.

And the super rank swift fox I picked up cleaned up beautifully in the maceration process.

I found a pronghorn buck recently too, and he's looking good. He's got about 75% of his jaw.

Still need to work more on the gigantic horse... A mule deer fawn and spike buck are also in progress. My other mule deer adult from this spring and my feral hog are almost complete now.

Been studying my butt off the last couple weeks for midterms.
    I ended up getting 95+'s on both of them.
    Ecstatic to say the least because it seems to be an endless source of anxiety.

Especially proud of the math one seeing as I find it so hard to focus on, so~
    'Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! Take that math !' *does a victory dance*

grats on the tests!

I GOT THE JOB YAY
    now keeping the job is going to be a whole nother matter but
    I GOT IT DAMN IT
    I can work from home, and at any time, as long as I meet a weekly quota, which is great.

Blog Entries

Congratulations on getting the job.

I have cooked mushroom Wellington and it turned out pretty... well. *groan* Everyone enjoyed how it tasted and it was simpler than I thought it would be. There were a lot of steps, but mostly it was just lightly frying things and then assembling them; the individual steps weren't too complicated. Definitely not something I'd make often, but something I can definitely make for special occasions.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Thanks as well Kerguelen and congratulation on landing 'the job' as well

I had to look up Mushroom Wellington it sounded regal. Congrats cheetah looks like a tricky dish to get right... and I am now hungry.

Well, despite my looming feelings of doom for probably obvious reasons, I've got some good things going for me today. One of my favorite bands came out with a new song/music video and it's absolutely KILLER. I've also been rediscovering some old favorite games and didn't realize how much I missed playing them.