Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever been attacked by an animal?

Yea. My uncle had a stray he took in. I was trying to make friends when she jumped at me and bit my face. Didn't really hurt. Other time a neighbors mini Doberman rushed out the door across the street at me. I tilted thebottom of my foot up and I felt it bounce off my shoe go to my side and bit me on the calf. Meh again didn't hurt so I kept going g.

Blog Entries

I was nearly attacked by two of our neighbors pit bulls when I was about a year old. My mother was taking me out for some fresh air in the stroller when they came at me, barking and snarling. My mother had to lift the stroller up over her head with me in it, screaming for help while the two pit bulls kept jumping up in the air trying to get at me in my stroller. Since no one came to help, my mother had to run up this long hill towards our house while still carrying me to escape the two dogs. My dad opened the door and let us in once my mom got back home. Thankfully we weren't hurt, but it bothers me to think that my mother could have been seriously hurt while trying to ptotect me from the dogs.

Another time I tried taking in a stray cat that wasn't quite as friendly as it first appeared. It scratched and cut me several times. One of the wounds was deeper than the others and became infected. It took a long time to heal properly once the infection cleared up and left a white scar on my right forearm.

Blog Entries

When we were young we were bit by a large dog running loose full on the thigh. He didn't break skin but he left several bruise points if memory is correct.

We also once got bit by a pony once on the arm as she had a foal and got too nervous and our body was still in childhood.

- Zedjeb

I was bitten by our dog when I was little and it was completely my fault. Despite him being a bit of an asshole, I was yanking on his leash to try to get him to do what I wanted. He growled a warning but I kept at it and finally he turned around and bit me once on the left forearm. I don't remember if he broke skin, but the incident was absolutely my own fault: I had been given a warning which I ignored so I deserved it!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

When I first moved to Neches, Texas, I walked up the road a short ways, trying to explore the area, and just get a general idea of how the town was laid out. (It had a population of 300, so that was actually possible)

I came across a T-intersection with a house to my right, a small lot with an old trampoline surrounded by barbed wire to my left, and an old white church straight ahead. At that intersection, I heard a bunch of barking, and saw a whole pack of dogs moving towards me.

Since I was about 14, dumb, and saw that most of the dogs were very small, I thought they wanted my attention or to be petted.

Well, the biggest in front, a dog I actually forgot the breed of, wanted instead to display intense amounts of aggression. I panicked and ran for the church, circling the building to look for a climbing spot, but one of the other dogs, in a strange coincidence or bad luck had gone the other direction to meet me. I turned around and ran again, hoping to squeeze by all of them somehow.

The dog behind me scratched my back up really bad but didn't actually bite. Still, that only fueled me to run faster. I decided the trampoline for some reason was my safest haven and ran for it. I got snagged in the barbed wire, though, and hurt myself worst on that. My back was punctured a few times yet again (Jeez my back has a lot of punctures) by the wire and the dogs trying to pounce at me. This was also when I got a few bites on my ribs and legs. Thankfully, most of them didn't puncture skin through my jeans, but there was enough.

After my mother heard the commotion and my yelling, she showed up with a baseball bat and killed the biggest dog with one swing (military woman). The rest backed off a lot, but didn't really run away. They stayed in the area where they were all caught by animal control.

Anyway, I was taken to the hospital and they gave me rabies shots as a precaution. THAT was the most painful part of the whole ordeal. It burned for hours and hours after that.
    "In war, fear is the woman your mother warned you about."
    - Hiroshi Sakurazaka, "All You Need is Kill"

I've never been truly attacked but have come very close:
    A. as a kid, by a neighbor's dog
    B. by a gigantic male Canada goose
    C. by every teething puppy I've ever known (lol)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    I've never been truly attacked but have come very close:
    A. as a kid, by a neighbor's dog
    B. by a gigantic male Canada goose
    C. by every teething puppy I've ever known (lol)
    I got bit by a teething puppy too, he just couldn't decide on whether to lick my hand or bite it, lol. He was so adorable.

Default Shark Attack

For the Shark Therians and for everyone else. This is from Shark Week. Ever been attacked by a shark before.? If so, How did you fight it off.? If not. Then How would you try and fight off a shark that is trying to eat you.?

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    For the Shark Therians and for everyone else. This is from Shark Week. Ever been attacked by a shark before.? If so, How did you fight it off.? If not. Then How would you try and fight off a shark that is trying to eat you.?
    Luckily, I've never been attacked by a shark, despite me having swam with them voluntarily several times (bonnethead sharks, nurse sharks, Caribbean reef sharks).

If I was attacked by a shark, depending on its size, I would go for the eyes and the gills, trying to cause pain and disorientation enough to get away. If it's a great white, whelp, I'm just screwed!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I've never been attacked by a shark (excluding dreams).

Shark attacks are actually incredibly rare. There are far more likely therians who have been struck by lightening then any who've had an encounter with any kind of shark.

Plus I've only ever been in the sea a handful of times.

If I was attacked I would go for the gills, eyes, and snout as they are most vulnerable parts of our bodies and certainly within easy reach.

- Earth Listener