View Poll Results: Which one? (Please re-vote.)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liminal Wilderness

5 19.23%
  • Liminal Spaces

5 19.23%
  • Betwixt and Between

11 42.31%
  • Legendary Bestiary

5 19.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Site Name (Re-Vote)

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    The poll's officially closed. "Betwixt and Between" is to be the new name! We're not in the stages of making the site, setting up the rules, etc.

Thank you, everyone, who's replied so far and has shown support!
    Huff, I didn't get to re-vote. (I don't check my emails over the weekend.) I would tend to agree with CloudFoot though in that the winning selection sounds like a Wiccan board to me. Oh well, my one vote wouldn't have changed the end results anyway. Just wanted to note my thoughts for the record.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    Huff, I didn't get to re-vote. (I don't check my emails over the weekend.) I would tend to agree with CloudFoot though in that the winning selection sounds like a Wiccan board to me. Oh well, my one vote wouldn't have changed the end results anyway. Just wanted to note my thoughts for the record.
    I'm sorry. =( I voted for another, but I never even thought of that with the name. It's not a big concern of mine, though, because others chose it and like it and no one's stated any sort of severe personal problems with it.

Doesn't sound Wiccan to me, I guess it's just a matter of different references and opinion.

Doesn't sound Wiccan to me either. I mean, it doesn't exactly scream "animality! otherkin!" and it's not what I voted for because of that, but I still think it's a good name.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamaseen View Post
    Doesn't sound Wiccan to me either. I mean, it doesn't exactly scream "animality! otherkin!" and it's not what I voted for because of that, but I still think it's a good name.
    Just goes to show you cannot please everyone with everything. Oh well.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

For more clarity's sake, just to indicate the animalistic focus of the site, I'll probably refer to it as "Animality: Betwixt & Between" when I'm mentioning the site/signal boosting about it. But I don't mind the site being called 'Betwixt & Between' (I voted on it, after all), as it does denote that liminal state between 'otherkin' and therian, and doesn't personally strike me as a Pagan/Wiccan site phrase. Anyway, it's good to have a name for the site chosen and gives me something now to refer to the project/future site when I start spreading the word about it soon.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Project Shift, and help contribute to its further development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

Betwixt and Between is an original name, but it makes me think of Twix candy bars, haha! Sorry for the silliness but I had to get that out there.

Seriously though, whatever the name of the site will be a good introduction page is more than enough to properly describe what the site is all about. I like Sonne's idea of adding the "Animality" in front of the main title.

Another word of caution if the name "Betwixt and Between" is used, it will important to have a small disclaimer stating the site has nothing to do with Albert Camus's non fiction book "Betwixt and Between."

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    Betwixt and Between is an original name, but it makes me think of Twix candy bars, haha! Sorry for the silliness but I had to get that out there.

Seriously though, whatever the name of the site will be a good introduction page is more than enough to properly describe what the site is all about. I like Sonne's idea of adding the "Animality" in front of the main title.

Another word of caution if the name "Betwixt and Between" is used, it will important to have a small disclaimer stating the site has nothing to do with Albert Camus's non fiction book "Betwixt and Between."
    We'll definitely have disclaimers and other things to avoid confusion. I forget, were you interested in helping? If so, please PM your gmail or somewhere where I can contact you. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    We'll definitely have disclaimers and other things to avoid confusion. I forget, were you interested in helping? If so, please PM your gmail or somewhere where I can contact you. :3
    Hmm, at the moment I'm unsure if I would be able to help, as I currently feel that my volunteer help here at Werelist is enough. I don't want to take on more than I can handle, and for now, Werelist is enough for me to handle at one time. If I do change my mind I will let you know :3