Thread: The Artist Bestiary has launched!

Default The Artist Bestiary has launched!

The Artist Bestiary is live!
    It can be found at www.artistbestiary.wordpress.com.

The Artist Bestiary is a collection of art and artists merging the human and the animal, approached from a therian perspective.
    At the moment, there are seven entries, with at least 40 more to come, as well as intermittent critical analysis and musings.

I am aiming tentatively for an update schedule of 2 to 3 entries per month for now.
    Last edited by yourdeer; August 21st, 2013 at 08:37 AM.

Oh my God! This is incredible! I'm floored by most of these, and I think the pseudoscientific ones impressed me the most! They're almost too real.
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

Neat idea! Always enjoyed this sort of art. I'll definitely keep myself updated on this page.

Thanks, guys. :3
    Akai, there's a few more artists who do pseudoscientific stuff or hyperrealistic hybrid creatures, too - I agree that they are some of the really interesting ones. Especially because they sometimes fall into "uncanny valley" territory and can be quite uncomfortable to view, while also being fascinating.

This is amazing Yourdeer! Some excellent choices!
    "One does not meet oneself until one catches the recollection from an eye other than human" - Loren Eiseley

Thank you for doing this and sharing it with us! Great job.

Like like like!

Nice art! So original and creative. I’d like to see something like that with some leonine features.
    "Is it so awful, being human?"
    "No," she said. "But it is hard not being a horse."

(From "Dun Lady's Jess" by Doranna Durgin.)

There are more artists to come, and you can check the index for animals that will be included from the work of the artists I've chosen so far (and I've already stumbled across more to add!) . Updates are going slowly due to recent crazy-busy-time, but I'm hoping to catch back up in the coming weeks.

This is a great project, I love all of the pieces featured! I'll be checking in on it as frequently as I can remember, this is a really stunning collection.
    Hit the button, Frank.