Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Test) How good are you at reading human emotions just from eyes?

Blog Entries

Well, I guess I can't read peoples emotions based on their eyes. I kept getting confused between friendly looks and dominant looks (because in my cat-wired brain, I tend to think of people as being overly friendly as being dominant).

I got a 19/36.

So i got 27/36... no to shaby!!!
    Monsters are real, Ghosts are real too.
    They live inside us, and sometimes they win.
    -Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Did anyone else think the guys were easier to read than the gals?
    Totally! All the girls looked like they were trying to be seductive. I found it kinda dumb.

But I still got 34/36. I thought I would score a lot worse, 'cause I don't usually read people's eyes. I can't stand making eye contact with someone who's making eye contact with me. But if someone's not looking directly at me, I can easily look them in the eye. Does anyone else get like that?
    "And on that day when you drop an anvil on your toe, take no thought to what ye shall say, for the words will be given unto you." --JJ Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Totally! All the girls looked like they were trying to be seductive. I found it kinda dumb.

But I still got 34/36. I thought I would score a lot worse, 'cause I don't usually read people's eyes. I can't stand making eye contact with someone who's making eye contact with me. But if someone's not looking directly at me, I can easily look them in the eye. Does anyone else get like that?
    I all ways take it the wrong way like it a challenge or a threat and when i do try to make eye contact it always look like im trying to stare them down.
    "To be forgotten it worse then death." (Unknown)
    o-O " Oh, and are you going to eat that?"( Robert)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Did anyone else think the guys were easier to read than the gals?
    I did. The men all looked older for the most part and nearly all of them were negative emotions, while the women were young and varied in positive and negative. The wrinkles and the lack of make-up definitely made the men easier.

Blog Entries

I always stare someone down until they look away, unless they are more dominant than me in which I quickly avert my gaze.

I got a 22/36. For most I got wrong I was like between two and went with the wrong one, but for some I just disagreed with what they were saying.

Blog Entries

Yeah. I don't stare people down because it's fucking rude. Hard stares are very aggressive. Not every incidence of eye contact is a challenge.

If you watch strangers, you'll notice that two people who accidentally meet eyes will both look away out of politeness. One may look faster, or the one who is slower may not look away because, well, now the other person isn't looking and it's not awkward. It's easy to look at someone when they're not looking straight back at you, but if they are, it can seem rude to keep looking back.

Even in conversation, eye contact isn't normally constant. People look away occasionally because to not do so is weird and rude and can make you seem overly assertive or psychotic or something.

For me, looking away when I make eye contact with a stranger isn't outright submission like some people seem to want to equate it to. It's politeness. And it's smart. Why do something aggressive to a stranger? Even canine eye contact isn't ALWAYS about dominance.

I don't really avoid eye contact except when it comes to strangers or maybe someone who's extremely angry. Those are both categories of people I don't want to offend by seeming nosey or aggressive. In most circumstances, I find a healthy amount of eye contact fairly easy to achieve, although I do think I probably feel more uncomfortable actually doing it than most people. The better I know someone, the easier it is.

I got 23/36 and I'm surprised I did that well haha.

I scored 30/36 and spent maybe a second or two deciding what emotion I thought they had.