Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: (Test) How good are you at reading human emotions just from eyes?

Link seems to be dead now, how was this taken?
    It's working for me. Not very stable, though, I had to reload the page to test appeared.

Blog Entries

26, young womens' eyes are a little harder to read because there aren't as many creases. Men seem to have deeper lines so I have an easier time with those.
    It'd help overall if I saw the rest of the face or body, you usually interact with the whole of someone. Those quizzes are fun enough but they aren't really indicative of real world skills. Not saying that because I got 10 wrong, it's just true. You could get it wrong irl because you're preoccupied and you're not given time to focus on a photo, or you might do better irl because you've got context and body language and vocal tone to work from.

Blog Entries

What link are you guys using? I went to the original thread link, and was unable to take the survey. I'd like to compare my scores then and now.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I'll second what Cheetah said! I'd like to compare. I recall doing this test in 2017 and getting 33/36. Very surprising for someone on the autistic spectrum. I don't struggle to make eye contact, though; I look at people's faces, and I can read body language. I glance away when I'm uncomfortable, when I'm thinking, and when I dislike someone, but not as my default in social encounters.

I'm wondering at the reason for my high score in 2017. I don't recall having to consciously teach myself how to read expressions or body language. (I've had to consciously work through many other aspects of socializing, though.)

Edit: Found the link: Test your social intelligence

Your score is 31 out of 36.
    Your score is equal or better than 89% of all participants.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; July 16th, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks, that link worked. I got a 25 / 36 lol, not that I'm surprised. I hardly ever interact with people IRL

Some of these questions used words I don't even know the meaning of, true story. I don't get emotions. I really don't. Wish I did but I don't. Also, I guessed through half of these.

edit: 22 not 28. Wishful thinking on my part?
    Last edited by Kerguelen; July 16th, 2020 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries

I got 26 (seven years ago, it was 22). A difference, but not a great one; I'm inclined to say it's not significant.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

22! Not great, but I suppose not too bad either.