Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awereness forums are back up and need some content!

The Awereness Forums was shut down again--there was a post on the board about it relatively recently (don't recall when exactly it was posted, nor when the site fully shut down--or the forums, at least). The decision was, I think, primarily due to the huge lack of activity on the site for most of the time it had been back. Sorry that it's not there anymore and likely won't come back .

(Though I don't anything currently about that "new rollout" regarding making the site into a therian social network thing. Maybe they've decided to go the more 'social network' route while saying goodbye to the forum format?)
    Last edited by Sonne_Spiritwind; March 11th, 2015 at 12:27 AM.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Project Shift, and help contribute to its further development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

It would make more sense, considering the general lack of attention to forums in recent years. I know of many people, primarily on Facebook, that have never even heard of other communities off of Facebook and other social media such as Tumblr and Twitter. I definitely think there's a big demand for a therian/furry based social networking site, with Facebook's real-name policy getting many therian/furry accounts locked completely.

It would also be helpful to quell more of the misinformation that buzzes around these Facebook and Tumblr communities like flies to horse shit. We won't be able to fully extinguish the passing of such bad information, that I know. But perhaps this step [if it is still planned] in the right direction for the online therian community. Forums are great, but we also need to adapt to a younger generation of possible therians. 10 years ago forums were big and easy to look for. Nowadays, the younger folks are all about the social media and less about forums [even though some do get referred here].

Quote Originally Posted by Anuolf View Post
    It would make more sense, considering the general lack of attention to forums in recent years. I know of many people, primarily on Facebook, that have never even heard of other communities off of Facebook and other social media such as Tumblr and Twitter. I definitely think there's a big demand for a therian/furry based social networking site, with Facebook's real-name policy getting many therian/furry accounts locked completely.

It would also be helpful to quell more of the misinformation that buzzes around these Facebook and Tumblr communities like flies to horse shit. We won't be able to fully extinguish the passing of such bad information, that I know. But perhaps this step [if it is still planned] in the right direction for the online therian community. Forums are great, but we also need to adapt to a younger generation of possible therians. 10 years ago forums were big and easy to look for. Nowadays, the younger folks are all about the social media and less about forums [even though some do get referred here].
    ^This. There are seemingly very few of us who remotely know what we're talking about on Tumblr and it's only marginally better on Facebook depending what groups you join.

Blog Entries

Alright, so I would have posted regarding this earlier were it not for the fact that I haven't taken the time to frequent the Werelist in many many years. While I appreciate Savage mentioning the fact that the Awereness Forums were back up we went a full year without a single post, outside of a quick introduction. Interestingly, there were still new user sign-ups.

Yes, as for therianthropy.org itself, the plan is to be going in the twitter/facebook direction. Fair warning in advance, I work a full time job so development is going more slowly than I may like and its in the grand scheme of things an experiement so.. I guess time will tell.

Take your time, Uath. I'm sure everyone understands [myself especially]. I thank you for popping on here to add in some information about it! It's actually quite appreciated!

Wow, I've been gone, so long, I didn't know all this was going on. So, there are facebook groups?

Facebook groups wouldn't cut it for therianthropy. I don't want my real identify connected to therianthropy. Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't want employers and such seeing that.

@ Cinos - I know what you mean. I keep an email account specific for anything therianthropy related, so if I did decide to join a therian Facebook group, I'd use my therian email to create a separate Facebook profile from my personal one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    Facebook groups wouldn't cut it for therianthropy. I don't want my real identify connected to therianthropy. Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't want employers and such seeing that.
    Absolutely - definitely don't think it's considered paranoid. I'd call it smart, but not paranoid.

I actually have a separate account, which is completely anonymous, for friends and things therian related. That way employers don't have access to it.
    Yes, "Gray" and "Grey" are both grammatically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    Most of us have made a separate account for such things.

I also recommend everyone to make their "real life" Facebook page's private so no one can access your information aside from your friends.