Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From "my"' Face Book group with Therians and Teen Werewolves...

Default From "my"' Face Book group with Therians and Teen Werewolves...

There is this nineteen year old female that identifies herself as apart of the Therian and Otherkin community, that is/was apart of the Face Book, that I really want to be friends with. She wrote she had a life some centuries ago, when witches roamed Earth, she had a close friend that felt non-human. He was a wolf therian. He wanted to be his wolf form, so the person I am writing to's distant past self gathered with a group of other friends, who were witches and wizards tried to transform him. The magic killed him, with a back spine snap. She has experienced many reincarnations and she has always remembered her lives and that tragic past. She was born on another planet, universe, and dimension as a wolf. She marked that most of her lives, she was a wolf something, and only few lives, she was only human. She has met up with people from her past lives as well. She really believes that all Therian and Otherkins come from a past life where they were
    their animal or fantasy creature, they feel as human form. Help, please! We need opinions here, otherwise I would be stuck there, and perhaps other people in life could be stuck in situations like this...

Blog Entries

I am a therian who has never lived on another planet other than this one. If people want to believe that they come from different planets, then that's their belief. Same with having past lives, but other than that I don't know what this thread is about.

Thank you, Alliana, for your writing. I am in a situation where I am writing with a nineteen year old female wolf Therian that is/was apart of the Face Book group that I am apart of. I just want to be friends with her. She first wrote that she does not want a four years younger friend, but in a way, I think she trusts me with sharing her tragic past with me. The problem is, she might not want to be my friend, because she is a strong believer in past lives...

She is making up stories to make herself feel special. She may even believe them. You are not required to believe in any of those things. If she requires you to believe extraordinary things with no evidence in order to be your friend, I would strongly suggest finding friends who do not make such demands of you.

Being therian does not mean you have to believe in magic and wizards and other things that are not part of the real grown-up world. You can be therian and a sane, well reality grounded adult who can be successful in the real world. You are very unlikely to be successful in the real world if you are unable to tell the difference between it and a Harry Potter book.

Are you writing a story? Or are you actually serious? Actual magic doesn't exist in this universe...there are plenty of reasons why not and no evidence for it. Thus, no amount of chanting, etc. is going to snap someone's spine...nor is physical transformation possible. If this person literally believes all of this, then they really need to seek help in coping with their delusions.

If you ask me, you're better off not being friends with her as she doesn't seem to have a solid relationship with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    Actual magic doesn't exist in this universe...there are plenty of reasons why not and no evidence for it.
    Nah, it's real, they're just all hiding it from the muggles.
    /kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Nah, it's real, they're just all hiding it from the muggles.
    /kidding
    Kerguelen! Shhh! This is a well kept secret of therian kind! We can't be letting just anyone know!

/I couldn't help myself

I am being serious here, but I have been writing a story about a so called past life of mine. But how about magic existing in the distant past if the Earth?
    Last edited by Kym; July 30th, 2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: (I'm home now)

Blog Entries

The others are right, I'm afraid. There's no such thing as magic in the universe, not in the present or the past, let alone in the future.
    We sometimes use magic as an adjective though, when something is really beautiful or wonderful to look at or listen to.

Don't let yourself being carried away by this friend, for (s)he is probably no good.
    It is important that you can tell the difference between fantasy and reality when dealing with therianthropy, but also with other matters.

Blog Entries

Yeah, what the rest have said. You can't force her to believe in your ways anymore than she can force you to believe in hers.

For example, I believe I had a past life and was reincarnated. I saw memories of such. There are others that do not believe in past lives or in reincarnation.

That's their choice and personal feelings. I don't force my ways, beliefs on others, I don't expect people to force them on me.

She can believe what she wants. Yes, it seems very far fetched. It's her life and it seems by what you said she firmly believes these events transpired. They may, or may not have. I don't believe they occurred on this plane of existence however.

Just like my past life memories may never have occurred and it's all in my head. I have to accept that as a possibility too.

If you don't want to discuss that, but wish to be friends, maybe this is a case of agree to disagree. If she's really a friend she will accept you, and she will still be your friend.

I have family and friends that won't even accept my Therianthropy on a psychological level. But I still am friends and interact with them.

Thats what creates diversity. We all have our own beliefs and views of our lives and the world.

Being someone's true friend means you know those boundaries, and things that might cause strife and you try and avoid them.

I know Alot think that a true friend should accept everything about you. That's not true. There are things about some of my closest friends I don't like, but I'm still friends with them.

You work around those and unless it's a major issue for each party, then usually all is OK.

Naturally this is my take and mine alone.

You will have to decide if her stories and beliefs are something you can cope with.

Wish you the best,
    Lee
    Last edited by AziMWolf; July 30th, 2016 at 01:43 PM.