Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What book are you currently reading?

Blog Entries

Anyone read the new Phillip Pullman book yet?

It's on my list.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Not yet! Still need to watch the HBO His Dark Materials series too.

I finally finished The Satanic Verses (still can't believe people have DIED over this book, ffs)...

Now rereading Call of the Wild as a quick nostalgia trip. A dog that looks like Buck was at work today too. Funny timing.

I'm rereading the His Dark Materials series in preparation for watching the show (and because it's been a while and they're good). Finished the Subtle Knife a day or two ago and picked up the amber spyglass from the library today.

Currently reading "Sissy: A coming of Gender Story" by Jacob Tobia, and the YA novel "House of Salt and Sorrow". Both are phenomenal. I'm seriously enjoying the excessive victorian and aquatic glamour of HSS. And Sissy is like one long therapy session for my own gender mess.

Also reading the "Night Inside", a vampire murder mystery thriller that I picked up from a thrift store. It's pretty fun! I've been reading it on the bus because I don't want to mess up the dust jacket on HSS (its art is so pretty).

Otherwise I normally obsess on one book at a time.
    "One does not meet oneself until one catches the recollection from an eye other than human" - Loren Eiseley

Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    I'm currently rereading "Lives of the Monster Dogs" by Kirsten Bakis. It's...sad.
    I've just looked this up (the title caught my eye). From what I've read about it, it looks really good, and potentially relevant to therianthropy.

Are you enjoying it so far? If so, I might get get a copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    I've just looked this up (the title caught my eye). From what I've read about it, it looks really good, and potentially relevant to therianthropy.

Are you enjoying it so far? If so, I might get get a copy!
    Yep. I wouldn't be rereading otherwise. It is definitely worth getting a copy of.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    Yep. I wouldn't be rereading otherwise. It is definitely worth getting a copy of.
    I've ordered a copy. Looking forward to reading it!

Blog Entries

Finished the new Phillip Pullman book. I've concluded that he probably doesn't like Descartes.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier