Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you currently reading?

Anyone here ever read Gibson's Neuromancer? I'm presently working through it but don't really know what to expect, since I got it on Kindle and don't have any back-cover blurb to read.

Blog Entries

We just finished reading Horn by Joe Hill and have been rereading parts of it. Kardegray and Bran loved the book while the rest of us simply enjoyed the book. It was interesting. Kardegray actually found it a bit satanic in nature seeing things which he thought other Satanists (atheistic or otherwise) might enjoy or agree with. So he had some fun reading that book.

The only negatives Kardegray had with the books were (1) some of the childhood flashbacks seemed a bit too long with him (but not that they felt they had no purpose, but a bit too long), and(2) he wished the author had spent a bit more time toward the end hinting at Ig's own feelings about what was happening to him at that point.

- Darahagh

Blog Entries

Does it count that I read all of the Doctor Who quotables from The Doctor that were "gathered" from his space and time travels?

Because I am reading that right now and it's fantastic!

I just started Game of Thrones. I'd been putting it off for a long time, since I'd heard it gets pretty emotionally wrenching at times and I was not interested in that. While it's living up to the warning, I'm really enjoying it - quite a bit more than I thought I would. I forgot how captivating a rich fantasy setting can be. It's been a while since I've had a book that grabbed my attention so much that I wish I was reading instead of doing whatever else I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    We just finished reading Horn by Joe Hill and have been rereading parts of it...
    That book is being made into a movie, set to be released at Halloween this year. The trailer looks pretty cool; although I can't tell if it's supposed to be flat-out horror or not.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

I'm re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy.
    "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."
    -Ray Bradbury

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    That book is being made into a movie, set to be released at Halloween this year. The trailer looks pretty cool; although I can't tell if it's supposed to be flat-out horror or not.
    Yep, that is how Kardegray first heard about it. He wanted to read the book first sense the premise sounded cool and wanted to compare them once the movie came out.

- Ocean Touched

Blog Entries

I just finished reading The Psychic Adventures of Derek Acorah, and before that I was reading Desperation by Stephen King.

I'm currently involved in a book called The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

The book I am reading right now is Dinosaurs- The bestselling guide to understanding dinosaurs, Revised and Updated.

I am currently blowing through the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. Had no interest in them when I was younger, so now I'm playing catch -up.