Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Otherkin Community Forums

Default Otherkin Community Forums

www.otherkincommunity.net has been around for years and years, so this isn't a "new" forum. However, the site owner has pretty much abandoned it and given me administrative control as well as control over the rules and the green light to de-fluff the place. I, however, can't do it alone and tend to get ganged up on by the existing "out there" members (to put it nicely).

So here's what I could really use...new members who are logically minded to help change the atmosphere of the place. I would also appreciate suggestions for forum sections to change/remove/add. OKC is a general otherkin forum, but I feel it is far too skewed towards woo woo kintypes and beliefs. I feel like I need one of those "I want you!" Uncle Sam posters.

I could sincerely use help with this new vision for OKC as well as two or so people willing to help as moderators. I'm kind of at my wit's end here, especially when existing members start 'complaining' that something's wrong with the forum because the new direction is currently clashing with those holding on desperately to the old, spiritual and woo woo focused, forum.

Help!

Stickying until you indicate the recruitment drive is done.

Also, would you like docent/ambassador access for a look behind the scenes at our site management logistics in case those would help?
    Last edited by Savage; August 3rd, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Stickying until you indicate the recruitment drive is done.

Also, would you like docent/ambassador access for a look behind the scenes at our site management logistics in case those would help?
    Thanks, Savage The software for OKC is ancient and I don't have access to most of the behind the scenes stuff. That is to say, I only understand bits of the admin panel and nothing else, so I'm not sure it would help unless the forum software was upgraded...which I don't see happening any time soon since the MIA site owner said he was upgrading about a year ago. I appreciate the offer, however. OKC is a hot mess haha.

Was more thinking of an observation of how we manage customer service behind the scenes than software specifics - docents and ambassadors can't do anything with the software here, just read and participate in some of the back-end management discussions.

Ah. Sure. I'll take whatever help I can get, honestly.

Blog Entries

We noticed some things going on over there last few times we checked in.

We'll be sure to try and check in regularly and try to help in out in anyway we can. We think we royally suck at help staff related stuff and no zip about technically coding, but if you need any help with links or whatnot that you think that would be up our alley, feel free to give us a poke as well. However, at the very least we can be a member of the forum.

- Spiridon

Last edited by Tsuga; August 31st, 2014 at 09:39 PM.

I won't be much help due to a busy schedule [and often forgetting places exist lol]. But I'll try to hop on every now and then, making an account now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassander View Post
    Are the spiritual folks there enjoying themselves? Is there a reason to change the place if people are happy with it?
    It's not productive....it's wishful thinkers feeding each other and, ultimately, not healthy.

I know I'm kind of being a devil's advocate and have never been there, but this is the first thought that occurred to me. i wouldn't want to encroach on anyone just because they're having bad wrong fun, as it were.
    My issue with it is that 'having fun' isn't the point of the forum. There's a fun and games section for that. This is a site I've been a part of for more years than I'd like to own up to. The focus used to be spiritual, but now the owner no longer believes in such things (no do I) and we both agree that the forum should be more logical. I'm not saying to get rid of spiritual topics, but to approach them from a more logical place and not equally fluffy people feeding off of each other and flame anyone with a rational thought.

And I also say this as someone who's generally been disappointed with most otherkin-focused sites I've been to. But why not create a new site rather than change something that people currently are enjoying?
    New sites die. That's just how it goes. I'd much rather reinvent something that needs new life breathed into it anyway and already has a history and a member-base than create something I know is dead before it starts.

Anoulf, you already got a flying shlion tackle
    Last edited by Seraphyna; August 3rd, 2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    We think we royally suck at help staff related stuff
    Not that we've noticed over here. We appreciate your service to the community!

The one thing I very much want to avoid is either the perception or the reality of Werelist attempting to "take over" or force its culture on other sites. It's important to allow other sites to grow and develop their own culture, not to try to make them all into clones of us. There are sites that are more spiritual in nature, and that's actually a very good thing.

There are some specific customer service/site management resources that I do want to generally share and encourage other site owners to take inspiration from, interpreting that inspiration in their own way. One of the best of those resources is here: https://greenleaf.org/what-is-servant-leadership/