Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Otherkin Community Forums

I could pop over and look around, if you'd like.
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal...
    Devour to survive.
    So it is, so it's always been.

Anyone is welcome I'm not trying to turn it into another Werelist, but I'm seeking a middle ground between logic and spirituality where "I have chronic headaches, it must be my third eye!" isn't encouraged, but addressed with "see a doctor" above all else.

I've been floating around there some, hopefully my presence and occasional rambling is helpful. Let me know if I can do anything else, though - I have very very minimal knowledge of moderating large groups of people but I will try my best to assist if need be.

I don't think I'm involved enough in the communities these days to provide proper help, and I would also feel uncomfortable contributing on an otherkin forum as I don't consider myself otherkin or part of the otherkin community. However I wanted to let you know that I think you're doing the right thing. If the forum was encourageing unhealthy attitudes, then some change was necessary, and now you have the opportunity to do that.

Good luck with everything!

Thanks, Liminal. It's a general otherkin forum, so there's a therian section.

Blog Entries

I'm not interested in otherkin forums, I prefer therian-specific spaces. But I wish you good luck. I've seen other groups being able to go from absolute fluff-nest to a more balanced atmosphere, while still not scaring off those who think Werelist is too "sciency".

Sera everywhere I look you're attempting to fight fluff in some different way. I'll make an account on OKC as well.

I'm not sure how helpful my presence will be, but I might help defluff the community a bit in one way or another.

You know my stance on this already. You have my bow.

Heh but seriously. There's nothing wrong with a bit is spirituality, but it's gotten to the point where some members seriously believe in physical shapeshifting, and something as simple as "maybe a mild earthquake shook the table, not a ghost?" is met with a barrage of users who are legitimately mad that a rational explanation dare be offered.

Or to put it another way. It's full of folks who actually believe Spirit Science. XD Okay sorry, low blow.

If we legitimately want to help folks learn to become professional, successful adults, I don't think encouraging them to ignore critical thought helps that agenda. Sure spiritual stuff is okay, I don't think Sera's attempting to eliminate that. Only to bring the scientific fraction to a more equal footing.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

Blog Entries

Good lord. People sometimes...
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I've made an account ("Khamas") over there, but I'm a little overwhelmed by how... uh... "aggressively fluffy" it seems so I'll take a closer look later and introduce myself. I'm not sure how much help one animal person with a neurological view will be, but I hope it supports your attempts to make the place more a balanced and healthy atmosphere of discussion.