Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for Cover Art

Default Call for Cover Art

The Under the Skin: Therian Community Voices project is nearing its completion! (For new folks, information on the project can be found here). We have around thirty essays from twenty-two authors and our committee has put in hours of work organizing, editing and coordinating.

We would like to call upon the community again to submit work: not writing this time, but visual art. We are looking for an image for the cover of this collection. We know there are plenty of talented artists in our community and we would welcome anyone to submit work that they feel would best represent a collection of personal essays from the therian community.

Please submit a link to a high-resolution image on this thread by September 15th. We'll then have a vote by the community for the best cover. If there are not a lot of submissions, the project committee will choose whichever submission we feel best fits the project.

We all look forward to seeing the work you submit and to the completion of this community project!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Despite no one posting any submissions yet, I made two myself.

As a side note to the species represented on #2. I thought using each of the authors' 'kin types would look nice and give them a special shout out for helping with the project. So that's why I chose the species that I did.
    Last edited by elinox; September 10th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Oh those look nice, elinox! Love the second one especially.

- Ocean Touched
    Last edited by House of Chimeras; September 10th, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

I do love that second one. : )

Blog Entries

I prefer the second one to the first one.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I too would vote on the second one. I don't like the typeface of the first one. Those "Papyrus" sort of looking fonts always seem offputting to me.

Damn, I forgot about this, though. I meant to contribute. :/ Wish things wouldn't have been so busy lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Damn, I forgot about this, though. I meant to contribute. :/ Wish things wouldn't have been so busy lately...
    Fear not, you've got until September 15! So there's still time!

I just like to say that I like both covers, But if you can only have one. I go with the second cover.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    Fear not, you've got until September 15! So there's still time!
    Not enough time for me to put together something I would be satisfied with.

I needed to start on it before the semester got rolling. Too busy now.

But I really like what you came up with.

The second one looks great! If I can find some time I might try to make one before the 15th.