Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: General thoughts on Anime series and movies

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    On another note. Has anyone seen "The Wind Rises"? Which might be the last Ghibli ever? Thoughts?
    I have this on Bluray and it's definitely different than a lot of previous Miyazaki movies. One of the main differences I noticed were the sound effects, which are all made by human voices. The story of the movie takes place in the early 1900s before World War II. The main story focuses on reality based themes and doesn't have the typical supernatural stuff like in his other movies. However, Miyazaki "loopholes" around this by having the main character experience multiple dreams during the film which shows more fantastical scenes. It's definitely visually stunning and if you have a good home sound system you will appreciate and notice the unique sound effects of the movie.

All of the anime that comes on cartoon network adult swim now. I am pretty much going to have to buy on DVD. Seeing how I can't stay up so late to watch them on TV any more. That's the bad thing about adult swim, All there shows come on so late like midnight, 1am and so on. What they should do is replace all there 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 shows with adult swim anime, Because I am sure that people are getting tired of seeing the same old episodes of American dad and Family guy and The Cleveland show. They really need to start thinking of showing some new stuff. I for one, Would like to be watching there late-night anime shows at those hours.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; April 2nd, 2015 at 01:22 PM.

@ Hige - If you like "Inuyasha: The Final Act" the entire series is coming out on DVD and Bluray on May 26. It's on Amazon.com (I have the Bluray version on my Wishlist ). I'm not a fan of "DBZ Kai" but you can get the entire series on DVD on Amazon as well. I'm aiming to get the original DBZ series on Bluray later this year if I have the extra cash. Also want to get "Ranma 1/2" on Bluray too and "Chi's Sweet Home" on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    @ Hige - If you like "Inuyasha: The Final Act" the entire series is coming out on DVD and Bluray on May 26. It's on Amazon.com (I have the Bluray version on my Wishlist ). I'm not a fan of "DBZ Kai" but you can get the entire series on DVD on Amazon as well. I'm aiming to get the original DBZ series on Bluray later this year if I have the extra cash. Also want to get "Ranma 1/2" on Bluray too and "Chi's Sweet Home" on DVD.
    I never seen Inuyasha: The Final Act. It always came on to late on adult swim. So I couldn't watch it. So maybe I should buy it on DVD. Hmm all the other stuff you posted Somnia, I'm not going to get. Not a big fan of those shows. I been trying to find out when Guardians of Luna will be coming out but I haven't heard or seen anything yet.

Blog Entries

I’m gonna go ahead and bump this. We actually have two anime threads, the other being here. But since this one had more posts and more RECENT posts, I figured I’d continue this one.

So, what’s the status, weebs? What are you all watching these days? The last couple years I’ve been starting to get back into actually watching anime, and it’s been pretty fun. I don’t really watch much TV, but in the evenings, my spouse and I might watch a few episodes of a show.

We are eagerly awaiting the next season of Rising of the Shield Hero (Raphtalia best girl, you know it to be true). Currently watching Beastars and keeping up with the brand-spanking-new Attack on Titan episodes as soon as the subs drop.

We also watched Nichijou recently. I really enjoy wacky anime humor, and that show combines that with some of the Seinfeld-type everyday observational or social-faux-pas humor. It was a fun one. It was not nearly as chaotic and insane and crude as Excel Saga, but it scratched a little of the same bizarro itch.

We also watched Senko The Helpful Fox a while back. Super cute, a little silly, a little bit of that weird dodgy maybe-lewdness anime does sometimes. But very sweet, and I really love the colors and character design of the kitsune girl. She’s adorable.

We also went through the roller coaster of Darling in the Franxx when that came out. Such a flop, it started out so good and then just tanked for like the whole second half. It was really amazing how it kept getting worse. At least there’s always Kill la Kill?

Erased was also a fun mystery one. Pretty quick watch.