Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feline Envy/Cat Prints

Default Feline Envy/Cat Prints

Every time I enter a clothing store, I wish like hell that I was some kind of cat shifter!

I can't tell you how many leopard/cheetah (I can't tell the difference, sorry!) prints I've seen on things lately. Dresses, shoes, shirts, jackets, bags, EVERYTHING! And then, for the tigers, I have seen a few dozen tshirts with tigers on them. I can't leave a clothing store anymore without muttering that I wish I were a cat. All us wolves ever got were too-large native american style t-shirts and those "hood" things that were popular over the winter.

So please tell me that you felines are loving this. Or do you prefer not to show off your stripes? (see what I did there...)
    The Gods forgot they made me,
    So I forgot them too.
    -Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds View Post
    I can't tell you how many leopard/cheetah (I can't tell the difference, sorry!) prints I've seen on things lately.
    Allow me to enlighten you.

Leopard

Cheetah (although it's too orange).

Basically, cheetahs have simple, black polka-dots and leopards have elaborate rosettes (is what they're call). Because rosettes are fancier, what you've seen are probably leopard prints (I've even seen "Cheetah Girls" prints using leopard spots *sigh*).

I'm not enjoying the fact people can't tell the difference, and, well, as a guy, umm, it'd be weird to buy them. XD
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't always wasted time. ~ phrase from Salt Lake City, Utah

Blog Entries

I actually quite hate those things. They are nasty plastic, shiny, and usually are pink or something.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Eh...they don't sell "lion print" and I'm not sure animal print would quite do it for me, so to speak. It can be stylish...but it doesn't really scratch the itch.

I have a wolf hood sitting in my closet because it's too hot to wear it right now.

Anyway, I'm not fond of spots on my clothing. They're so tacky to me and speak of someone who has no idea how to dress/is a potential whore. I know it's not a very nice assumption and it's heavily stereotyped, but it's what I feel/think whenever I see someone wearing it.

Fishing cat print. New style. Tell your friends.

Haha no, but that would be cool! I don't wear animal prints because they seem too fake to me. I mean pink with leopard rosettes? I don't think so. Even 'yellow' with spots or stripes is too fake.

I'm not a cat (or zebra), but I find most animal print fabrics to be quite tacky. I'm actually glad that I will probably never have to see the glittery pink spandex unitard version of the species that I identify with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    Anyway, I'm not fond of spots on my clothing. They're so tacky to me and speak of someone who has no idea how to dress/is a potential whore. I know it's not a very nice assumption and it's heavily stereotyped, but it's what I feel/think whenever I see someone wearing it.
    As it so happens, I'm wearing a leopard print top today at work. And let me assure you, I'm neither fashion clueless (I can match things!) nor am I a slut. haha

I happen to like animal prints when done in their natural colors (don't get me started on pink things, ugh!) and in this case, the leopard print goes well with black pants. I have it because it's one of the select few patterns I can tolerate to wear for "business casual". Most female print shirts are ugly so animal prints work when I don't feel like wearing another plain colored shirt.

But yes, I'm envious that cats get all the nifty fur patterns! Why wolves don't use camouflage in that manner is beyond me!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Mostly because we are totally awesome.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I actually hate the glorified attention paid to big cats, but I sometimes think it's kind of funny when people wear cat prints out of some desire to channel the "sexy independent feline" cat stereotype, and yet they also can't bother to know the true pattern of the animal they're trying to borrow stereotypes from.

at work yesterday, I was unpacking a shipment of leopard print duct tape (gag!) and it was of course really jaguar print. there are also stuffed animals in the store that look like jaguars and have jaguar print, but they have labels saying "leopard".

I'd never were my "snowleopardness" on my sleeve. ever. to me it's private and serious and amazing and not something I need anyone in my life to know. but even if I wanted to, I couldn't. it seems the fashion industry has no idea what a snow leopard looks like. like this coat I found. when I saw it, I sort of thought mayyyyyybe clouded leopard. but not even that really works. http://www.glamfull.com/karen-millen...ard-coat-5880/
    sigh.