Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had your "animal parts" removed?

Default Have you had your "animal parts" removed?

This might not be tasteful for the squeamish...
    I know not everyone would consider wisdom teeth, appendixes, and tonsils as too animal-like, but the medical community over the past few years has counted them all as trivial at some point or another.

What body parts have you had removed? I've had my appendix and wisdom teeth removed, along with a pilonidal cyst or something on my tailbone under the skin that was solid and had a bunch of hair on it. My family jokes around saying I had my tail docked
    Ironically, that surgery caused a bunch more cysts to pop up, only these aren't solid like the first and aren't hairy.

I had my wisdom teeth removed in high school.

I've had my adenoids removed. I've also had 13 teeth removed, including my wisdom teeth. The only other thing that was changed was the cutting open of my ear drums to vacuum out the bad stuff. I had severe hearing loss as a kid. It helped, but pretty much screwed me up in the long run anyways.

Blog Entries

Wisdom teeth removed. I suppose that they're kind of bestial in that they are a remnant of when my ancestors ate tough plant matter... but really, I don't care about them.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Wisdom teeth. Their growth caused an inflammation of the jaw joints which locked my mouth shut for a few days at one point. I do not miss them though and do not consider them more "animalistic" than other parts of my body. Humans are still animals, after all, unless biologically proven otherwise…

Wisdom teeth, adenoids, tonsils, various teeth to let others grow in straight.. You name it. But thankfully nothing too big, and definitely not too animalistic.

I almost, however, had a metal rod up my spine. That would have restricted movement to legs and arms and I would be miserable. Good thing my scoliosis doesn't seem to be getting worse, if either of the curves in my spine were a few degrees worse I would need to get a rod down my back.

Only parts I've had surgically removed were all 4 of my wisdom teeth.

Blog Entries

Nothin' yet! I would really like my wisdom teeth out, though. They've all emerged, but the bottom ones don't really have enough space to come all the way in. I'm lucky to have not suffered painful impactions, but I can't help feeling that I'm holding ticking time bombs in my mouth.

Wish I had the money.

I'm the only person I know to still have all my original parts. I've still got all my wisdom teeth, my tonsils, my appendix, etc.

On a related note, the only surgery I've ever had was PRK for my eyes (it's similar to LASIK). And they didn't take anything out, they simply refurbished the surface.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Woah, so many replies!! I wanted to keep my wisdom teeth, and they weren't giving me trouble at all. But that was the year before I went to college (and also the year I had my appendix out) and they had me get them out so that they wouldn't bother me while I was away from home.
    Incidentally, college is when my tailbone started getting those cysts again and my health still ultimately terminated my college career.