Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you had your "animal parts" removed?

Blog Entries

Not anything really. The only thing I've ever gotten surgically removed was a mole (not the animal ). Well, and some milk teeth, although that doesn't really count as I would have lost them anyway.

One dentist wanted to remove a wisdom tooth. The gum was too thick, so the tooth couldn't get through. But I asked the dentist "Would it be possible to just remove part of the gum instead?", and he agreed to do that. I have really, really bad teeth, and so I don't want to remove any unless it's necessary. I thought it would be a good back-up to have. I didn't think of it as an canine thing, rather, I thought about how old elephants, once all their teeth are destroyed, slowly starve to death...
    After they cut open the gum so the tooth could come out, I haven't had any other problems with my wisdom teeth.

Blog Entries

Interesting, I kind of have the opposite situation. I have pretty good teeth (well, not perfectly straight, but really healthy). Never had a cavity even in a baby tooth.

But those darn wisdom teeth are crowding it up in the back of my mouth, and they're hard to keep clean!! The bottom ones in particular are really hard to brush thoroughly. I'm worried they're going to make my mouth more unclean and lead to cavities in addition to crowding and pushing my other teeth around. XC

Blog Entries

We had all four of our wisdom teeth removed some years ago because the came in at bad angles.

Also, if we have our way we will have our breasts removed (well sort of) and our reproductive organs removed in the future. Sadly its very hard to get these surgeries done.
    - Z
    Last edited by House of Chimeras; December 2nd, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

The only surgery I've ever had was getting my wisdom teeth out.

I haven't had anything taken out, yet. Mostly because I don't like dentists and I just haven't had any issue that a doctor needed to take it out. I'll probably have teeth removed whenever I do head back to the dentist. Since I was young I've had these two fang-like teeth that grew in front of where my canines are. Pretty sure they are going to want to yank those out.
    "And only the enlightened can recall their former lives; for the rest of us, the memories of past existences are but glints of light, twinges of longing, passing shadows, disturbingly familiar, that are gone before they can be grasped."
    -Peter Matthiessen

Ironically I still have my wisdom teeth, the molars in front were removed to make space and to help with braces as my wisdoms were so sell formed. If I hadn't there would have been no room to move things around....now I would like my molars back as I am down by 2 and implants are SO expensive....

I had my tonsils removed when I was 2, and I nearly died on the operating table (I stopped breathing twice, didn't react well to anesthesia....or penicillin afterwords....). Wish I had them as well as they are a good indicator of what is going on in the nasal cavity and help protect the throat. I take a lot of vitamin C now to help counteract that, seems to help.

Other than that, pretty much intact (vasectomy does't count, I hope......)

Blog Entries

I had my wisdom teeth removed, even woke up during the whole drilling-into-the-gums bit before they successfully knocked me out again with anesthesia. Yeah, wouldn't exactly wish that on anyone (waking up part). But other than that and my tonsils being removed, I am pretty much intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    I had my wisdom teeth removed, even woke up during the whole drilling-into-the-gums bit before they successfully knocked me out again with anesthesia. Yeah, wouldn't exactly wish that on anyone (waking up part). But other than that and my tonsils being removed, I am pretty much intact.
    Yeeesh, I'm sorry to hear I'm not the only one with tooth horror stories. I had braces, so I had a fiberotomy once they were off (they cut the fibers that hold your teeth in place so that they won't move back.) They gave me numbing shots everywhere except where they started cutting. I've had a lot of painful experiences but that one was probably the worst since I was panicking already (I have a phobia of needles) and I was unable to say anything since I couldn't move my mouth. They figured it out fast enough because I was making "I am in pain" sounds, but they'd already finished in the area they forgot to numb by the time they realized it. No fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malchior View Post
    Yeeesh, I'm sorry to hear I'm not the only one with tooth horror stories. I had braces, so I had a fiberotomy once they were off (they cut the fibers that hold your teeth in place so that they won't move back.) They gave me numbing shots everywhere except where they started cutting. I've had a lot of painful experiences but that one was probably the worst since I was panicking already (I have a phobia of needles) and I was unable to say anything since I couldn't move my mouth. They figured it out fast enough because I was making "I am in pain" sounds, but they'd already finished in the area they forgot to numb by the time they realized it. No fun.
    Yeah, it was crazy! Eek!! Talk about negligence on their part. I am kind of glad they didn't do that with my teeth, it reminds me of when I got my tooth drilled in for a cavity and they didn't bother using novocaine.

I'm sorry you had to go thru that. I just wish they had been more careful.

I've had all four wisdom teeth removed plus two other teeth, my tonsils, and a benign lump in my breast.
    Last edited by Astral; January 6th, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Life is temporary, but never ending.