Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kinmunity has (Re) launched!

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    That's strange, I wonder Why.?
    Usually it's because they do something folks don't approve of, or their staff does, so they remove the evidence as it were...speaking from experience.

EDIT: I mean having been a member there based on when it went down while I was a member and soon after I left not that I'd intentionally nuke a forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    Usually it's because they do something folks don't approve of, or their staff does, so they remove the evidence as it were...speaking from experience.

EDIT: I mean having been a member there based on when it went down while I was a member and soon after I left not that I'd intentionally nuke a forum lol.
    Oh great. So drama on the site and I am guessing other ''things'' on there too. And there I was thinking about joining because the site looks beautiful . Must be the landscape shown on there. Sooo, Question to you all is. Should I join it, Can I join it seeing how I'm not Kin.? Are there any Werelist members on there.?
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; December 9th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Oh great. So drama on the site and I am guessing other ''things'' on there too. And there I was thinking about joining because the site looks beautiful . Must be the landscape shown on there. Sooo, Question to you all is. Should I join it, Can I join it seeing how I'm not Kin.? Are there any Werelist members on there.?
    You can join any forum you choose to. And 'kin includes therians, so you would be welcomed there. There are a few Werelist members there, but as far as I've seen, the forums aren't that active yet.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    You can join any forum you choose to. And 'kin includes therians, so you would be welcomed there. There are a few Werelist members there, but as far as I've seen, the forums aren't that active yet.
    I gottcha. I will think about it. Thank you Elinox.

Blog Entries

I'm on there. Not as active as before. That's just me though, I haven't been as active on these forums because I've been trying to sort myself out.

Exclamation Clarifications & Relaunch

The site serves otherkin, fictionkin, therians, vampires, plural systems, and the other-hearted; as well as others with non-human identities. The site was shut down for a few months due to the following:
    • The infrastructure was unsustainable - we were left with a wildly broken database after moving between CMS platforms several different times. (XF 1.5.x > IPS 4.2.x -> XF 2.0.x)
      • The damage done to the database was not easily repairable; records were horrendously broken. There were users who were unable to login, regardless of what changes were done to their account. There were threads that were broken and would cause PHP errors, it was a TOTAL mess.
      • The only 100% guaranteed clean backup would be before any platform changes, causing a massive and unacceptable amount of data loss. It would be easier to start the site from scratch at that point.

• Activity on the site had reached record lows.
    • Kinmunity had gained a reputation for aggressive heavy-handed moderation.

At the time, shutting down the website truly did seem to be the best option. Immediately after shut down all the way up until the relaunch, I was contacted about people missing the site and wishing for it to return. We intend to remain with one platform. Our policies and rules have been changed to be less aggressive, and we have re-homed the focus of our site.

Hopefully you'll give us another try!

I gotcha Shiro. I'm thinking about joining.

Blog Entries

I liked the site, so yeah, I rejoined. Also because it's nice to discuss a bit more otherkin related things once in a while.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

I have updated this thread to include information about Kinmunity IRC, our IRC network.