Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Werelist! Let's shoot zombies together

(hit backspace, lose post, semi-seriously flip off the gods, rinse and repeat -.-)

One of my former guildies was bugging me to get Civ, but I need to break free of this velcro chair and downsize the amount of gaming I do. Anymore, my gaming is quite single minded: the hours Xfire recorded in Minecraft are fucking scary. I tried try-harding in World of Tanks, and my pride went status red. After that, I let the Russians kick me around the playground in War Thunder for awhile before throwing Capture the Island campaigns in ARMA 2 (insert 8 more hours to continue, says death). Not long after, I declared abdication from the gaming community of 4 years I founded, and now I ramble my own personal Siberia in Unturned with a couple of nice folks. I owe them part of my sanity, and possibly my life (doubt it, but who knows?), but I want nothing more than to rush zombies in a pick-up with a horde of therians.

So who's with me? Judging by the response, we should probably make a Steam group. My only question is who should start it?

@cheetah, I am probably derping, but I could not find anything with the name you posted.
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post

ALSO EDIT: Which games do you have, Alliana? Left 4 Dead 2 is a pretty classic co-op standby; other options if you guys want cheap co-op games to play together are Magicka, Terraria, Payday: The Heist, FORCED, and Monaco, as well as several others, including the Baldur's Gate games, although co-op for that series is far more involved than just a few casual sessions. In terms of things that could be either co-op or competitive, there's Natural Selection, TF2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Civilization 5, Age of Empires and Age of Mythology. For some of these, my definition of co-op is "playing with friends against bots", which is still kind of a deathmatch, but not one against people. So, whatever floats your boat.
    I currently have Back to the Future: The Game (all five episodes), Wolf Among Us (all five episodes), Resident Evil (remake) and Lord of the Rings (I can't remember the name of it but it's not the MMO one).

Hmmmm, I do like playing against bots and Baldur's Gate sounds interesting. I love playing MMOs as well (like Star Wars: The Old Republic) I also play Diablo 3 (but haven't been able to because of the stupid Blizzard launcher not letting me) which is gory fun. It's not on Steam but it's one of the few games I play outside of it.

Is Counter Strike the same as Command & Conquer? I love that game series. I might get into it again.

But yeah, just some games that I enjoy.

Blog Entries

I'm open for Civ, and call the Aztecs.

Sins of a Solar Empire is a 4X space game. You discover new worlds, kill everyone on them with high-powered nuclear weapons, and then go live there, because apparently that's a clever idea. Then you gather resources, build up a huge spacefleet, and blow up your enemies.

And the explosions are really big.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Ooh, I actually have Civ5. So if that were gonna be a thing, I could try to join in~

I should probably get Sins of a Solar Empire. I've had my eye on it for quite some time.

I'd be willing to start the steam group. Any ideas as to what I should name it? I could just call it "Werelist Gamers", but if I recall, steam groups show up on profiles and I feel as though there are a number of people who would rather not be outed as therian by something as inane as a group on their steam profile. If there are no objections to this, however (for example, I'm not really sure who, outside the therian community, would know what this forum is), then I can go with that.

The trick is going to be coordinating games, since I am not sure when everybody's free/how to consolidate time zones. Though I suppose the easiest way to do it would be (for Civ, at least, which can host a lot of players) for the host to post the time they were going to open the lobby in their zone and have everyone join on them. For the other games, I think those'll have to be coordinated at a smaller level between individual players - like BG games only host up to six, and Magicka only hosts up to four, et cetera, which might have to be lower-scale.

As for Civ: those of you who have it, how many expansions do you have, if any? A Brave New World or Gods and Kings game would be rad, but if not everyone has those, that's fine. It's just necessary knowledge for setting up a lobby, is the only reason I ask.
    Last edited by eureka; February 27th, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

My only concern is for those of us who have to hide their theriantrophy from the their personal peers. Is there a way to hide the group so it is not visible to others on their profile?

Command & Conquer, I was a bit picky about with regards to the early games, but after Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour, it occupies my personal top shelf as far as real-time strategy go. Age of Empires II was a major thing among my old clan, enough so that we named the main Clash of Clans division "AoE_Throwback:" naturally, I have the HD edition, but it was gifted to me by one of the furries of FURHQ that gave me a place to hang my hat in World of Tanks after the clan I put massive effort into kicked me for using British vehicles. (I smell bigotry) I still hang out with said furries...or I should be...where's my TeamSpeak...?

EDIT: At this rate, I will end up with Civ whether I want to or not. xP

Yet ANOTHER EDIT: As for names, I was thinking simply " The 'List. " On a related note, is it awkward adding everybody as a friend? I don't know why I hesitate, but it feels like that title is reserved for those who can put up with me. :3
    Last edited by RedShadow; February 27th, 2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Sid Meier's raw awesomeness and the adjacent post below.
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

I can make the group private but I am not certain whether that circumvents its appearance on profiles. I am inclined to say it doesn't. Out of respect for those who do not want their therianthropy so easily found, I am now taking suggestions on the group's name.

EDIT: It appears as though the other solution is that people who are concerned about this could make their profiles private, but I'm not sure that's a catch-all, since friends can still see private profiles, and there are a number of reasons other than this why someone might not want a private profile. Up to you guys.

EDIT AGAIN: The group is created under the name WL Gaming. It's private, so I'll send invites out to whomever has put down their steam names.
    Last edited by eureka; February 27th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't think it would be that awkward.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Should be "vikaryous" on Steam. I've got a handful of co-op junk, mostly been playing Guild Wars 2 as time permits the last few months though.
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal...
    Devour to survive.
    So it is, so it's always been.

Seems like we have a number of GW2 people about. I have the game as well, but wasn't able to get into it all that much, although that might change if I have someone to play with...