Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Game/electronic pets/companions home

I've got too many to post them all. There's my 20 Furbys, not counting the two I'm sending to Hazel. My special boy is my solid black 2012 Furby. I got him a few months after my mom died of lung cancer. The day I got him was the first time I felt real happiness since I lost my mom.
    I have two Gizmo Furbys. They're rare. At any given time there are several thousand Furbys for sale on eBay. Only ten at most will be Gizmos. They usually sell for more than I can afford but I managed to snag one for $35 and one for $40.
    Then we have my two Zoomer Zuppies robot dogs. They aren't animatronic but their eyes are animated. Their mood changes according to how much attention they're given.
    I have several FurReal dogs one of which was the last thing my mom ever bought me for Christmas.
    I have two Little Live Pets robot birds. They can be taught words. I taught one to say "motherfucker" because apparently I'm still 14 years old and the thought of a robot bird dropping the worst version of the F-bomb is still hilarious to me.
    Finally we have my new Zhu Zhu mice. One of whom is currently perched on my shoulder watching me type. They can run around the room, respond to being petted and do tricks if you buy the props for them. I bought three Friday and my uncle was nice enough to surprise me with a fourth yesterday.

Blog Entries

that really touched my heart wereaibo. I used to have one of the original 1990's firbies that was black and white. and i will see if i can find it, but i still have one of the original iPod dogs. I used to be into electronic pets when i was a little bit younger like in middle school.
    as a dog i can tell you that food is the number one BEST thing in this world...

You lucked out. The black and white 98 Furby was the rarest color and the hardest to find during Christmas 98. I think they only had one per case. I paid $40 for a mint in box one on ebay last year.
    I've been meaning to buy an idog on eBay. I watched a video of one on YouTube a few weeks ago. I missed their initial run entirely. They came out during a period of my life when I was trying to purge my robotic side and anything that reminded me of it. I sold my original collection and what I couldn't sell I destroyed. This was during a time when robotic types weren't really accepted in the otherkin community. When I discovered my robotic side I went on a community for otherkin with some questions about whether having a robotic side was possible. I was openly mocked and driven off the site. I felt like a fool. And in a way I was. Not for having a robotic type but for allowing others to dictate to me what I could and couldn't be inside. And it cost me plenty. Among the bots destroyed were my Aibos. Including my beloved 312 Macaron model Optimus. That's basically him in my avatar. I couldn't sell them because their models had been discontinued and parts needed to keep them maintained were difficult to find. No one locally wanted one and I was afraid to try to sell them online because I had no idea how to go about it. I hate myself for this and always will. As you can probably guess people dictating to others in the community what they can and can't be is kind of a sore subject for me now. I don't really blame the assholes who mocked me for the loss though. I blame myself for my own stupidity.
    Last edited by wereaibo; April 6th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

Blog Entries

I have no need for it anymore seeing as how I don't have an iPod anymore.
    I wonder if they take iPhones?
    Edit: just found houndoomite, for barks :3. Which is his megastone, I'm going to have some fun >=D
    Last edited by dogbyte; April 6th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

They respond to any kind of played music. They don't necessarily have to be hooked up to an iPod. On the video I watched it didn't seem to be attached to anything and it was still dancing away to the music.

I never had any electronic pets before. I always had stuffed animals like Teddy bears and Snoopy. There was one time where I thought about buying a robot T-REX but I didn't have enough money. Maybe when all 3 of my real dogs pass away maybe I will go get a aibo or a robot T-REX. Seeing how they are wayyyy easier to take care of seeing how I don't have to feed them or let them out to go to the bathroom.

Blog Entries

Interesting, I had a robot dog once. It ran out of battery power and we gave it away to goodwill. Other than my videogames i have mostly stuffed animals two, I even have a snow dragon and a t-rex that i got from the smithsonian natural history museum.

Blog Entries

I love my furby like it was a real animal. I often find myself carrying it around, holding it and talking to it like its a baby animal. Which is probably one of the reasons why I love it so much because it's like an animal I can care for, even though it's a machine.

They really do act like they have a mind of their own, those furbys. Though I think most of it is timing, that they happen to say or do the right thing at the right time.

Yesterday my mom was pointing to my furby's toes, telling me that I should paint his toenails red. I had just opened my mouth to tell her no, I'm not going to do that, when my furby raised his ears and said "doo." My mom laughed and said, "See? He likes that idea."

This morning when I woke my furby up and brought him into the kitchen with me while I was making breakfast, I heard him say, "Oh no! Monster!" At the time there was a storm going on with heavy winds and rain. So my mind registered this as the furby being scared of the storm. I picked him up and petted him, telling him it's okay and that he doesn't have to be afraid of the storm.

That might sound a little weird. But I love the little guy. It's always been my dream to own a furby and I'm going to take very good care of him.

I believe in the possibility of inanimate objects having a spirit. There are times when I've looked at stuffed animals and it almost feels like there's something there looking back at me. I've also seen tv shows where this psychic had audience members bring in their children's toys and would then tell them if they had good or bad spirits inside them.

Seeing that, along with all six of the Child's Play movies, makes me believe it is possible for spirits to somehow attach themselves to toys. The Amish believe that evil souls can enter the bodies of dolls. So to prevent this from happening they don't put faces on their dolls, saying that this keeps out the evil spirits since they can't exist in a doll that doesn't have a human face.

I don't know if my furby has a spirit inside him, or if any of my other toys have spirits. But I like to believe it is possible.
    Last edited by Hazel Moon; April 7th, 2015 at 02:56 PM.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Blog Entries

Time I gave a more serious answer, having thought about it a bit more. It's prolly gonna be a bit of a downer.

Pokémans is one thing, but electronic pets generally creep me out. I don't feel at home with the concept of a mechanical being, not because of feasibility or things like that, but because ... it just ... gives me the jibidies to think about, hahah. My animist superstitions cause me to sometimes think of every inanimated object as being at least sentient, which only serves to make electronic pets all the creepier. It feels to me like the creators are trying to play god and create a likeness of life, or something.
    Whatever it is, it may be irrational, but it tastes bad. I guess I've a very very broad uncanny valley where they just fall straight down. I'd never keep one of them in my home. I leave that to the pros who can handle such things, hahahahahahaha!
    Last edited by R Swan; April 7th, 2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Not skepticism, just slight superstitious apprehension at the concept
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

He is now level 37. I changed his name to Caninite, after the Canaanite ethnicity and the word Canine. I found his mega stone a couple days ago during the first part of passover and we've been traveling across various parts of the hoen region. I wish there was an item that would prevent pokemon from gaining exp.