Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you want your funeral, wake, and burial?

Blog Entries

Default How do you want your funeral, wake, and burial?

I'd recommend googling "green burials" before you begin, but I don't have a stake in the industry yet.

I'll tell you all about mine after you tell me about yours. But a Living Will is still a great idea, even if you expect to live to 100.

Blog Entries

I want to be mummified because it'd be awesome to be checked up on yeeeeeeeears later and still look pretty much the same.
    Or I'd be buried in a natural ecosystem somewhere with family and friends watching, in no coffin, just being fed to the earth.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    I'd recommend googling "green burials" before you begin, but I don't have a stake in the industry yet.

I'll tell you all about mine after you tell me about yours. But a Living Will is still a great idea, even if you expect to live to 100.
    Coyote, I just want you to know that I been thinking about making a thread just like yours. Mine was/is about what would your last words be if you know you where going to die. So as for your question and thread. Hmm That is a tricky one for me because I know what I want at my funeral. Just I don't know what or how I want to be laid to rest.

I have a long time desire to be cremated and scattered in a natural setting.
    Last words? "Uh-oh"...?

Barth
    [FONT=COMIC SANS MS][SIZE=2]"People who deny the existence of dragons are often eaten by dragons. From within."
    Ursula K. Le Guin
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

I want to be cremated and have my ashes either planted with a tree or mixed into the cement for an artificial coral reef.

This is not something I think about a lot. I'd like to be cremated because dead bodies freak me out and I wouldn't want to be one. I don't really care what happens to the ashes afterward, though. It's not like I'll be around to see it.

Wake? None. I always hated wakes. If anything I want people to celebrate my life, not cry over an embalmed corpse. Take my ashes to a venue, celebrate, dance, drink [responsibly], tell funny jokes/stories, remember the good old times.

I want to be cremated in a natural state. Don't embalm me, don't dress me up with make up and put me out on display. Then I want to have a tree seed/planted with my ashes and placed into a protected area to fully ensure I won't be chopped down. Maybe somewhere in Minnesota or New Hampshire or Vermont. But I'd settle for a simple State/National park somewhere. Maybe have a placard or a stone marker with traditional gravestone information, but this would be more for the sake of loved ones coming to visit my resting place, as well as to alert people not to chop the tree down.

Beyond that, I don't really care as long as some of my ashes become part of a tree's life.

Blog Entries

To be honest I don't care too much because the funeral is more for the people that stay behind rather than the dead one...because well...the dead one is dead. In that sense I'd prolly be fine with whatever they decided to do. If I had a choice in the matter though I'd would have loved to have a funeral where the planner was taking the piss heavily with a huge focus on morbid dead people humour.

If someone used my dead corpse for some sort of scare or practical joke I'd be super satisfied (well, as satisfied as a dead man can be at least). I'm a bit of an asshole with a really dark and morbid sense of humour and the best way to honour me as a person would be to make a huge joke over the whole thing. I get that this would be pushing the limits of society and be considered highly offensive though so it's not something I'd seriously ask of anyone since loved ones would probably hate the idea. This is why I say that the funeral is more for them more than it is for me, they can honour me in whatever way they feel like as long as it makes them able to cope with it better. I'm too stone dead to care anyway!

Seriously though, invite a stripper over to some "party" where he finds out that he has to do his act for a dead corpse. That would be super funny XD
    Last edited by Thrix; April 10th, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

I want to be cremated, my ashes placed in a biodegradable urn and buried with a redwood seed or sapling in northern California. No wake; a funeral is okay, as long as it has lots of food, music, dancing, and story-telling. I think about this stuff a lot. I always tell my mom I'll be a tree in my next life.
    "And on that day when you drop an anvil on your toe, take no thought to what ye shall say, for the words will be given unto you." --JJ Dewey

Ideally? Feed my remains to animals so I can go back to nature immediately. That wouldn't be legal, so I'll settle for being composted and consumed by plants. Slower, but same effect.

I am absolutely horrified at the idea of being embalmed and poisoning the earth, being kept apart from nature so that I can never rejoin it. Slightly less horrified at being cremated, my flesh wasted instead of eaten and enjoyed, or at least absorbed into the endless green cycle of life to feed the soil. Embalming is the most disgusting and obscene practice I can imagine, and it horrifies me that it is a standard one.

Well, *ideally* I'd live forever and continue endlessly participating in the pleasures and joys of life, always being the eater and never being eaten. But that isn't how life works, so at the end of things I still want to be part of the ecosystem. That means it eventually has to come around to it being my turn to be consumed to sustain others. I'd like to put that off as long as possible though! I really like being on top of the food chain.