Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Upgrade!

Blog Entries

BEHOLD! It didn't work. Again.

The site host does not have php 5.4.0 installed. Which I find ironic since they bitched at me once upon a time for not upgrading VB3 because it was "out of date" (Even though VB4 is a completely different package).

But 'lo, their php servers are not up to date.

What does this mean? I can't install VB4 without the proper php version.

[SIZE=5]BUT READ THIS, IT IS IMPORTANT:[/SIZE]

I have asked the host to update our site to php5.4.0. In order to do this, they must move the site to a different machine.

This means that anything posted between now and the move MIGHT BE LOST. You post at your own risk. I have a backup of the database from just before the site was shut off. So there's no way I can keep just taking backups randomly, and I don't know when they'll do it.

Moving it to a new machine means that the site might also be unreachable until the new IP addresses propagate. So don't worry if you can't get to the site.

I'm also hoping this will fix the issue with Avast blocking the site for no reason.

But that's the way of things in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Jakkal; July 11th, 2015 at 02:13 PM.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

Blog Entries

Welcome to the new forums.

We still have a lot of work to do, there are some formatting things we'll probably need to fix. There might be some things going wonky. And there were some posts lost.

I'm going to see if I can point a dummy domain to the old server so you guys can find and repost your threads or whatever might have been lost. That site will only be up for about 27 more days.

Obviously we need to do something about the theme.

The site might be closed from time to time as we work on it. We're sorry for the trouble, but it's just growing pains.

It has some cool new features that we think you guys will like, so hopefully it will make up for the pain.

Blog Entries

Okay, I've set up a dummy domain to the OLD forums. The OLD forums are still active but ANYTHING YOU POST THERE WILL BE DELETED. So don't do it.

If there were any posts you made there and they are missing here, you are free to replace them! Please don't replace someone's post for them, if they want to do it, let them. You can copy your replies to it if you wish.

Here's the site: http://therianation.com/forums/

That domain may take a day or so to propagate to everyone. I was using it for these new forums, so it might direct some people here. If it does that, just wait a few hours and try again, it should eventually take you to the old site.
    Last edited by Jakkal; July 15th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

Blog Entries

For those of you that are like me and can't stand a bright forum theme, I've got the dark theme set up, soon to be WL's default. It still has some issues, but it works for the most part. I'll be working on it off and on for the next few days, but I don't have time to finish it right now.

If you find anything wrong, and when I say this, I mean stuff that is /unreadable/ or very difficult to read, or broken images, please let me know. And link to me the page you found it on with all the information you can give me. I know that the forum indicators (Like new post) isn't very obvious, but that's something I intend to replace.

Anyway if you want to use the dark theme, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page, and there is a dropdown on the bottom left. Under "Standard Styles" click "Darkvision".

Thanks for all your hard work Jakkal!

I know it's been trying times getting this thing upgraded. I also prefer the darker theme as well. It's much easier on my eyes.

I am excited! Thank you for the hard work and the seemingly never-ending frustrations that you had to go through for this to happen! I appreciate all that you do for us here!

Blog Entries

Just bumping this real quick to let everyone know that I've switched out the default style (the white one) for the Darkvision style (The black one). If you prefered the light background/color scheme, then you can change it back by scrolling down to the bottom of the forums, and there is a dropdown box on the bottom left of the site. (Should say "--Darkvision" on it if you are using the black style).

If you want the white theme, select "vB4 Default Style".

I'm still working on the icons for the themes, since the default set are hideous, I just haven't had the time to mess with it yet.