Thread: Member Map! Blogs! Articles!

Blog Entries

Default Member Map! Blogs! Articles!

Okay so there are some cool new things that come with our cool new forums.

Just to reiterate for those that may have missed it, you can still access the old forums via http://www.therianation.com/forums/ That forum is no longer supported, so please don't use it actively. For people that had missing posts between the server changeover, you can use that to copy your posts and paste them here. That goes for groups and whatnot. This link will only work for about 27 days as of this posting, so don't wait!

And now for the fun stuff!

[SIZE=3]Member Maps

[/SIZE]We have a WereMap once more! For some reason it asks me, every damn time, to share my location. If I can figure out how to fix that, I will.

How to add your marker: If you scroll out, it puts the markers in the middle of the map, somewhere around Africa. You can then drag that marker to your location.

How to Opt Out: If you don't want people to know where you are, you can click the "opt out" button next to your info on the marker's popup. I think if you just do nothing, it won't post it either.

It *should* be working, but as always, it's barely tested. So if anyone runs into problems, let me know!

[SIZE=5]
    [SIZE=3]Blogs![/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

We now have blogs for members to use. Right now I don't think they're set up for everyone to use yet. We are currently working on the rules for the blogs and once that's all squared away we will open them up for you.

Feel free to use them for whatever you'd like. You can make special categories and organize your blogs there.

I'm not sure what the privacy setting for the blogs is, but once we have everything ready to roll, we'll let you guys know.
    [SIZE=3]
    Articles![/SIZE]

vBulletin4 has a Content Management System (CMS) built in that will allow us to once again host articles and information for therianthropy. Right now only the admins can use it. Like the blogs we are working on the rules and the submission system for articles. We will let you guys know as soon as that's available.

[SIZE=3]Dark Theme/Style[/SIZE]

Right now the Default vBulletin (That's the blue/white/silver one) is what is currently set as Werelist's default. But if you want a darker theme, I've got it mostly finished. I already see some problems with the posting editor here that I need to work on. But for the most part, it is usable if you hate bright themed boards like I do.

To change your theme, just scroll down to the bottom of any forum page, and on the bottom left there is a dropdown. Select "Darkvision" if you want to use the dark theme (It looks very similar to our old default forum theme).

If anyone notices any broken images, broken links, unreadable text, or whatnot, please let me know so I can look into it. I also intend to change the forum icons (Such as the new post icon) because right now they're not very obvious if someone has made a new post. And the ones on the forum view are obnoxious. But I don't have time to mess with that for now, it'll have to come later.

[SIZE=3]Activity Streams:[/SIZE]

Forum Activity Stream: http://www.werelist.net/activity.php

Friend Activity Streams: If you click on your profile, it will automatically show you "My Activity", but if you look just above your activity stream, there's a tab for "Friends". That will show you everything your friends are up to, if you have access to see it.

So, the forum still needs work, which we'll be doing over the next several days. But this is some of the cool new stuff that we've got.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

I don't know if this has been mentioned (or caught yet), but I wanted to let people know some profile information didn't carry over to the upgraded forum. Specifically the Therian Profile Info.

I would encourage folks to copy your info on the other forum and save it to your computer until we can customize a Therian Profile Info section on the new forum. Unless there is a section for it on the new forum and I haven't seen it.

Blog Entries

Oh, yes, that was one of the plug-ins for the forums that was incompatable with VB4. We can manually add in each profile field, but right now I don't like the way it looks in the profile. I'm going to spend some time to try to find a way to make it have its own profile tab like the old one was set up.

Blog Entries

Oh check it out folks! All that info from the Therian profile fields was left intact! I added in the updated plug-in and all that info is still there!

The layout is a little wonky, but I'll see if I can fix that. Check your profile to make sure the info is there before you go to the old forum and grab the stuff.

Blog Entries

I'm going to be doing a little work on this folks, the display is just bad. So I'm going to shut it down for the time being and see if I can fix it. But it does appear that the old info did survive and is usable. I just need to get it to display properly.

Thanks for adding in the Therian Profile Info.

Blog Entries

Alright guys. If you haven't used them already, the blogs are available for all registered members. We are still working on the rules, so for now just follow the Werelist's regular forum rules.

The TLDR; version of the rules: Don't be a dick. Write like it's for Grammar class. Don't make crazy ass claims that will make Savage cranky.

Please note that you can name your blog whatever you'd like. Please don't make it something obviously offensive.

You can also make your own blog categories. For example: Therian stuff, Regular stuff, Dream Stuff, whatever you want.

I don't have time to make a full writeup of how it works, I'll try to do that when I get back from walking dogs and making dinner. I just wanted to let you guys know that you're free to use them.

About the privacy settings for the Blogs:

Here is a rundown of the settings as I see them. Go to "Blogs", click on "Blog Settings", then click on "Permissions and Privacy." This will allow you to control who sees your blog and if you want people to comment on your blog or not. Pretty straightforward but thought I'd inform people how to get to the privacy settings before people start posting blogs without looking over the privacy settings first.