Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

I feel that!
    Remember when social media wasn't even really a thing and the community was very sequestered?

There's obviously benefits to the resources being available to people more readily now, but it comes at a cost. For someone incredibly private like me, it's hard to see public conversation on these kind of topics at ALL, let alone in the awful contexts we usually see.

My preference would basically be Fight Club rules, hahaha... but that probably isn't the optimum balance overall.

Quote Originally Posted by LycanTheory View Post
    It really boils my blood when people who -

Are not therians
    Belong to no therian community
    Aren't educated on Therian topics in the slightest

Try to assert themselves with authority on topics they couldn't be any more ignorant to.

I really wish mainstreamers would keep their nose in their own business and leave us the hell alone.

Lyc
    Nothing grinds my gears more in the Otherkin/Therian communities when that happens. I'm all for politely correcting others on misinformation, directing those types to actual well written resources.. but all too often they're just a bunch of brats! Theres no respect(god I sound old) for anything that defines our experiences(or was supposed to before they stole it).

Too often its that blatant response "we're not hurting anybody so it doesn't matter" yet they hurt us by delegitimizing what we experience into a bunch of delinquents roleplaying.

-Azaphaer

Astral Dragon - Cybertronian - Valstrax

Quote Originally Posted by Azaphaer View Post
    Too often its that blatant response "we're not hurting anybody so it doesn't matter"
    This is the part that really gets me, too. No one gets to tell someone else what does or doesn't hurt them, and we've been so outspoken about the harms KFF types have caused - they just don't care. I think they enjoy the bit of power trip it gives them, given how many of them tend to be otherwise marginalized themselves - it feels nice to be the one punching down for once. (Luteia has a really good post about how the last several years of internet culture has contributed to these issues here.)

My mom and older half-brother are openly racists, Trumpers, and anti-vaxxers. My dad is the same except he insists he's not racist despite the way he talks. They're also homophobic too -- my dad is less intensely that than the other two, but he still talks shit about gay men sometimes. Specifically gay men. Makes jokes about watching lesbians fuck. All three of them know I'm "bi" since I think what I actually am, pan, will just be too much for them to wrap their heads around. Mom/bro never bring up my sexuality, my dad says he's fine with it. Tried explaining what "demigirl" was (what I am as well) to him and I'm fairly certain he bluescreened. Then: "No, you're NOT!!" I gave up. Won't even bother with my mom/bro. Why am I surrounded by stupid people in my blood relations?! To make matters worse I can't just cut ties with them because they're not awful all the time, so I still love them...

It would be nice to be able to let my guard down once in a while and relax.

Blog Entries

Arthritis has been complaining at the constant weather changes over where I'm at. Lately it can't decide if it wants to be hot or cold, rainy or sunny, foggy or clear... It's the middle of December and I already find myself hoping for spring, hah!

Blog Entries

Ouch! I'm glad I don't have arthritus. Yuck!

I relate to pain though. I'm about to enter my third round of physical therapy for this damned chronic pain in my neck and shoulder. It's soar every damn day, but every few years, it really acts up, and I have to try not ot take opiods, and I never have a doc that has trouble prescribing them when this acts up. I have to say, "I don't want opiods. I like 'em too much."

I really appreciate this thread being here. All of you who have chronic pain, I empathize totally. I really hope yours ends or becomes more manageable in the future, no matter the cause of your pain.

Blog Entries

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that! Chronic pain is the absolute worst to try and navigate around, I feel you there. Wishing you the best of luck with your PT.

I've been having a lot of trouble with cognitive processing, I struggle to take in what has been said, through listening and reading. I'm going to try and get it diagnosed but it's just a massive pain in the neck right now.

Blog Entries

Bubbles... that sounds strange and awful. I hope you get a diagnosis because I imagine a ton of conditions can cause that.

BOOO MIGRAINES! Literally two days after I tell my gp, "Oh, no big deal. I know my triggers. It's under control." *sighs*