Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Thanks, I hope your migraines get better. That sounds sucky.

Blog Entries

Out of state visiting family and caught my first cold in … probably several years? I feel fortunate it does seem to be just a cold. It’s not really meaningfully impairing me - I’m still getting up and running 3+ miles in the morning and doing normal things. But phlegm is obnoxious. I’m over it!

Thank gosh it’s not worse and nobody around me seems to have picked it up.

There are a lot of days I wish I could shake my cynicism but it seems no matter where I look and as much as I wish to believe otherwise my observations tell me it is a belief with a solid foundation.

.....and you know what?
    That fucking sucks.
    Last edited by Koba; December 27th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

Blog Entries

I have gotten less flexible over the years and my legs seemed to be determined to remind me of this fact today. Sitting on my legs for long periods when working also, as far as I can tell, seems to have been hell on them.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Irritated. Looks like I might be stuck going for at least my B.A. A lot of the work in my field has a min req of at least this regardless of what your experience is. I've come to loathe higher education because I see it is mostly a joke and these days with information availability border lining a scam. Means I will be over forty by the time I end up starting an actual legit career. It doesn't feel good at all, it feels like so many wasted years but I can only say in my own defense those years were important regardless of whether like I feel I squandered them. They don't lie, time does seem to pass much more quickly as you get older, I'm not sure why, probably because you keep occupied but perhaps because the vastness of ones experience also grows and the volume upon which you have to draw is much greater than what is absorbed on a daily basis. A drop in the ocean maybe ?

Kind of irate atm, but what else is new. ^-^

Honestly I'm not even sure that is the path I want, I keep trying to go in the other direction but circumstance tends to be a bitch. It seems convoluted to me because at this point in my life I really just wish to live a modest and somewhat minimalist life like I always have far from the cesspool of modern society. Work on my projects and my art. Is that really so much to ask ?

Apparently it fucking is. :/
    Last edited by Koba; February 8th, 2022 at 08:38 PM.

Feeling that.

We recently moved our lemon tree, Mel, inside because it's been getting cold overnight and because they haven't been doing well with how little sun our balcony gets anyway. The good news is they're doing really well - so much new growth in just a few days!

The bad news is this morning we found out their saucer had a crack in it, so water was dripping all over the shelf we have them on top of. The shelf houses our MtG cards and board games, and some stuff got wet. It was really stressful to have to quickly clean up and try to dry stuff off, as well as order a new saucer ASAP. The chaos has died down and nothing seems too damaged, thankfully, but it was a stressful way to start the day, especially after initially just feeling so excited about how well Mel is doing inside.

Blog Entries

Oh no!! Gosh, that's stressful. I'm glad nothing was too ruined.

And YAY for Mel doing better! I've been leaning really hard into my houseplant hobby lately, and stressing a lot over my golden pothos, Biollante. She is still looking shitty even after the repot. :/ I am anticipating having to regrow her from cuttings I took during the re-pot.

Blog Entries

It could be just that there are a lot of stray animals, but it seems awfully a lot like no one around where I moved to picks up after their pets. It's extremely gross, and it seems to be that some of my neighbors don't do it either.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

This week has been really rough. My mental health totally tanked last weekend into Monday, and the rest of this week wasn't too much better. I think the root is grief coming up around my dog who passed away last summer since her birthday is in a couple of weeks. I wasn't expecting the wave of grief to come so soon.

I've gotten lots of support from friends and family, though. We've made some plans to do some celebration of life get-togethers around her birthday, and this weekend I'm having a couple friends over to just relax and hang out together. I think in-person friend time will do me good.