Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

Thanks to Alexa, a lot of people now know that too.
    Still using Alexa though. The chances the government would want you for some reason seems slim if you're an average person who doesn't spew hate speech or have some 'agenda'.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Thanks to Alexa, a lot of people now know that too.
    Still using Alexa though. The chances the government would want you for some reason seems slim if you're an average person who doesn't spew hate speech or have some 'agenda'.
    That's why I don't have all that Alexa and tweets and Blogs and facebook type stuff because of stuff like that and also that I have no need for such a thing. The only thing I need is email to keep in touch with my fellow therians. I really don't see a need for a A.I computer for doing stuff like turning on the lights or to use a washing machine. Then again, I am old fashion.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; May 5th, 2019 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DragonicWolf View Post
    Oh, im guessing you are doing fieldwork for science? What thesis are you working on? or are you collecting data for other reasons?
    Yeah, field biology. I was on a lesser prairie chicken translocation project this spring. Did a similar thing with sage-grouse last spring. I was just on for the trapping portion of the project. Some of the others on the crew will be doing some habitat monitoring and following the survival and locations of our birds via their radio collars.

But I've moved to another project for the rest of the summer and am finding a few species of threatened/endangered birds and helping rope off their nesting sites and such. Later in the summer I'll be busy with some bat monitoring and continued plague management work as well.

I finished my Master's thesis some years back and have since been working a variety of field jobs.

My daily groan is that I've finally started having really vivid dreams again but most of them have been stressful!

Blog Entries

Having to do a bit of human adulting this year. Was unemployed in 2016 and mostly lived off my credit cards. Problem is when I got a job I didn't put sufficient focus on repaying the debt. Too many impulse purchases, movies and dining out. Resolved to cut way back on all of that this year to get things under control. I'm not in dire straits, just tired of seeing how much I'm paying in interest each month that could go toward more fun things.

Forever Running, RunningRed