Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

So much sadness on this thread, maybe it should be renamed The Daily Grind. Except it might cause confusion with the periodical put out by the millworkers union of America.

I'm actually looking for support to unionize therians. I'm sick of seeing so many ionized werewolves.

No matter how bad things are, how depressed you're feeling or how rough life seems, you can always reach out to a coyote and tell them, in a firm tone of voice, that you do not want them to cheer you up. Of course, the coyote will then do everything in their power to put a smile on your face.

Forever Running, RunningRed

I still talk like I have only recently gotten into the community, and often my train of thought seems the same way. It's absolutely a product of being neurodivergent for me. I cannot operate on the level I should all the time, no matter how much I want to. Even with things like this that mean so much to me. So I'm gonna continue to sound wet behind the ears, even if I know better by now. So, sorry for that. Blah, words.

One day I'll maybe sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Blog Entries

It is starting to really dawn on me that I will very probably have to move to the US. It is also becoming more and more clear to me that I was not quite prepared for how much of a downgrade it is going to be in every aspect. Especially with the current political and economic climate.

I made my partner a promise that I would give the US an honest attempt, and I will. But I am MUCH older than I was last time I had to move countries. Change cultures. Rebuild my understanding of how things work. It's going to be a lot harder and the US is very dysfunctional.

I like it in Denmark and I will definitely be keeping my Danish citizenship for as long as I can. Maybe permanently. If the US doesn't work out, I will at least be able to go back—and bring my wife with me. But in the meantime I am just preparing for (and dreading) the move. If not for my partner I'd never even have set foot there. She's my soulmate, and giving that up just over logistics is beyond idiotic. The best things in life always require the most work...
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

I really dislike the way forums are being replaced by discord servers. Not even just where therianthropy is involved but all across various topics. I don't care for instant communication unless I'm talking in a group chat of very close friends or one-on-one. A server full of people I don't know all seemingly talking at once is terrible. Like being in a store the day before or on Christmas Eve. Anxiety inducing.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    It is starting to really dawn on me that I will very probably have to move to the US. It is also becoming more and more clear to me that I was not quite prepared for how much of a downgrade it is going to be in every aspect. Especially with the current political and economic climate.

I made my partner a promise that I would give the US an honest attempt, and I will. But I am MUCH older than I was last time I had to move countries. Change cultures. Rebuild my understanding of how things work. It's going to be a lot harder and the US is very dysfunctional.

I like it in Denmark and I will definitely be keeping my Danish citizenship for as long as I can. Maybe permanently. If the US doesn't work out, I will at least be able to go back—and bring my wife with me. But in the meantime I am just preparing for (and dreading) the move. If not for my partner I'd never even have set foot there. She's my soulmate, and giving that up just over logistics is beyond idiotic. The best things in life always require the most work...
    God, I am simultaneously happy at the idea of you being around in the US more permanently so I'd have time to come harass you...

but also mostly just ... so sad for you. That's a major, major sacrifice in a lot of ways, specifically to move *here*. :c