Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

Yeah honestly, if you can't get through to them after a few tries...it's pretty futile. people unfortunately do what they please, hence our current situation.

Daily groan:
    I don't check the forums enough. minor personal annoyance because I end up missing those here who are not elsewhere..
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post

Daily Groan:

I'm seriously considering refusing to see some of my closest friends until this pandemic is over because they apparently believe the pandemic regulations don't apply to them. They refuse to keep even one metre apart, meet up in groups that are larger than allowed, actively lie about living in the same household to get into pubs, and generally act like they don't care that a lethal virus is going around. One of their friends who sometimes joins us and acts the same way even works at a care home. Even if he or any of my friends wouldn't die from the virus, the point is that it's not just about them.

The worst thing is that they act like I'm the weird one for sticking to the guidelines, and try to encourage me not to by saying things like 'I know I don't have the virus'. Ehhh... no, you don't know that.

I've tried to put up with and educate them for as long as possible, but I'm not risking myself or other people by being selfish and immature. Fair to say that I'm losing a lot of respect for them, which hurts.
    I'm going to step in and complain about the same thing.

It seems like nobody in this neighborhood is following the guidelines. I've seen people next-door to me meeting up for barbecues, inviting friends and family from others towns, not social distancing and none of them wearing masks.

What really drove me up a wall was seeing this young couple with a baby visiting and barbecuing with my neighbor, no masks on any of them. I mean I know I don't like kids, but come on people. This little baby could have come down with anything. If you aren't going to wear a mask for yourself, at least wear one for your kid.

And whenever someone gives me a ride to the store, I'm the only one wearing a mask. One neighbor said oh he has a mask, but he doesn't wear it for short outings to the store. His tone of voice comes across as, "Oh please, you mean for a brief little outing like this? Don't be ridiculous."

Seriously people, wear the damn mask already. Because yes, you can catch it even from short trips out. You can catch it anywhere and you need to protect yourself and the people around you.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

I'm sorry to hear others have had experiences with friends and neighbors not following pandemic guidelines. Unfortunately, I can really relate. I'm in an apartment complex, and there's a herd of children who play outside all day everyday - no masks, no social distancing, just like any other summer day if there weren't a pandemic. Really, almost no one I see walking around the apartment complex wears a mask or pays much attention to social distancing. I think they have a mentality that since it's outdoors and they're not "in public" they don't have to, but it's so frustrating because it's still a communal space and does still put everyone at risk. At this point, I basically don't leave the apartment because the biggest risk of doing so is literally stepping outside my front door.

Blog Entries

No one here takes it seriously, either. In the countryside. (God, I DESPISE pop country "music". You can't get away from JESUS even in the goddamned grocery store.)

My brother is against masks "on principle". He's a conspiracy theorist. He thinks the Moon landing was faked. He believes in demon possession. He believes in JESUS. I think he's an escapist and an idiot. Not just for the religiosity; for lots of things. We aren't on speaking terms.

My sister loves Trump. She sincerely believes everyone voted for him because they're against Agenda 21. More conspiracy. QAnon. The government is out to get her because she's against the New World Order. They're spying on her. They're following her car. They're following her in the grocery store and giving her coded messages with their facial expressions and hands. She's just that important. But it's her ideology that I find truly repulsive.

She's a fan of Jordan Peterson, the University of Toronto psychology professor/cult leader who caters to incels. She tried to sell me on him. (Me, cutting her off immediately: "Women don't OWE men sex.") She's anti-psychiatry and prefers homeopathy, so medication for paranoid schizophrenia isn't an option. That's my armchair diagnosis of her. Paranoid schizophrenia, with some incredibly toxic and vile worldviews that include internalized misogyny. I'm just barely on speaking terms with her.

My parents are narcissistic evangelists.

I'm surrounded by idiots.

Blog Entries

YIKES, CJ, that's a lot to deal with. I don't envy you. I've been doing my best to keep that kind of stuff well away from me, but it's MUCH harder when it's persistent relatives.

I just HAD to go and open my mouth about being in good health currently didn't I? Now I've had a sore throat since yesterday. That stinks on its own, but other then that I'm fine though, so I have no idea what it is. Dehydration? Allergies? Eating that one really hot meatball at dinner yesterday without waiting for it to cool down first? A cold?? Corona??? The plague??????

*sigh*

I’ve got a slight headache, I feel weirdly tired all day, and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. I swear to frick if I have corona I’m gonna...well I’m gonna have corona I guess. But I really hope it’s not that. I only went out to vote a couple days ago. I took all the precautions. I’m going to be legitimately angry if I somehow got sick despite that. I’ll give it another day or two and see how I feel then.

I think it’s unlikely to be corona since it’s only been 3 days since I went out. Plus I don’t have a cough.

Update: it’s not corona, it went away, yay
    Last edited by Kerguelen; August 10th, 2020 at 06:40 AM.

I need to do something to get out of this rut I’m in.
    I said to myself for the thousandth time this week, while settling into bed
    Last edited by Kerguelen; August 7th, 2020 at 05:56 AM.

Blog Entries

I love my cat. I really do. But did he have to wait until AFTER I vacuumed and cleaned house to spit up a humongous hairball on the carpet?

Guess I have more cleaning to do.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel Moon View Post
    I love my cat. I really do. But did he have to wait until AFTER I vacuumed and cleaned house to spit up a humongous hairball on the carpet?

Guess I have more cleaning to do.
    Oh man the sh*t my cat does. You KNOW it's true love because of all I put up with from him.
    He:
    -Often chooses to crap outside of his litterbox, even when it's freshly changed. He only pees in the box.
    -Used to jump on my head to get to his favorite window, before I moved my bed. (I put the dresser under it instead, so he can still get up there.) Once I woke up to my forehead bleeding because he nailed me with his back claws.
    -Tried to climb up on my shoulder, failed, and on his way down clawed me directly in the nipple.
    -Slaps me when I walk by him in the narrow hallway.
    -Tries to trip me.
    -Is always trying to run out the door. I do let him outside sometimes, but always carefully watching him.
    -Knocked coffee out of my hand directly onto my laptop, leading me to have to send it in for repairs (well, I sent it to someone I knew who could do it. He did a great job and everything is back to normal.)