Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

We'll see about that today. I'm currently waiting my turn at the CT scan place. Hopefully they'll come up with something. Otherwise I'll go nuts.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

Edit: This aged like milk in retrospect. But I still hate Trump for his role in everything, and ant supporter or follower of Trump or China is automatically and immediately my enemy.
    Last edited by R Swan; May 13th, 2020 at 01:17 AM.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

I'm going through a rough patch at the moment because of unexpected life events. I'll spare the details, but essentially this is one of those times where there's a perfect storm that's turning into an absolute unit of a hurricane.

Hopefully things will turn out ok soon enough, but in the meantime I'm trying to keep my spirits up and handle things as they come.
    Last edited by Lupus Paws; May 6th, 2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Grammar

I got punched in the side of the head yesterday and ...that spot still hurts. Person who hit me did apologize and say he shouldn't have done that (will not be forgiven though; person has a history of abusive behavior, some of which I witnessed, so I don't trust him). This was the first time he apologized for abusive behavior that I am aware of. I think the "scary" still image of the song video I had up on YouTube manipulated such a response. Gotta love lesser magic, right?

Anyway, it is bruised even if not visible. It has to be. Only bruises feel like that. I cannot make it stop hurting and I am getting very pissed off and I am 100% ready to snap. This shit just won't stop. "I didn't hit you that hard" Mmmhm. Sure you didn't. That's why it is still sore.

Blog Entries

Don't you just love it when people talk down to you, tell you you're wrong and ignorant, then refuse to let you have your say?

Yes, I know people have different opinions on things. There's nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when you say someone is stupid for thinking differently, then end the discussion right then and there because you must be right and have the final say in things. Heaven forbid we might discuss this like mature individuals, calmly sharing our thoughts without treating someone like dirt. That's too much to ask, I suppose.
    Last edited by Hazel Moon; May 9th, 2020 at 01:56 AM.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

I got attacked by one of my cats. It wasn't his fault. I got between him and one of the other cats that he loves to pick on. I now have 3 lovely puncture wounds and a scratch where one of his teeth didn't quite puncture. Worried about it but cannot afford to see anyone. Water. Soap. Rubbing alcohol. Bandaids. Should work, right? I'll be keeping an eye on it and then I may go and get it checked if it gets worse.

He's back to being sweet towards me again. I hope he doesn't end up in trouble because of something that was 100% my fault.

Edit: Getting punched in the head, getting bitten by a cat...past few days just aren't for me, huh?
    Last edited by Berlin; May 10th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Today on When Plants Attack: Hazel tries to remove a thorny bush and gets stabbed in the head by vicious foliage.

This bush has hardened thorns up to an inch in length. I was sawing a branch off, then the branch came down and thwack! Right in the noggin!

I crept out from underneath this thing in slow motion, holding my head, surprised by how much pain one branch could inflict upon its victim. I reached up, trying to see how much damage had been done and saw blood on my fingers. Now I'm sitting here with my headphones on, listening to some music while I work on my stories, and I realize that I have to carefully adjust the headphones so the plastic strip isn't pressing on the sore spot on my head.

Today is not my day. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Blog Entries

It is impossible to overstate how toxic the tech community is. The cesspool is bottomless.

Last night I asked a simple question in a popular privacy-oriented tech community. Immediately I got attacked by trolls making fun of me for being autistic and having PTSD. All proud of themselves and puffed up like strutting pigeons, they confidently declared that I was lying about everything in my post.

Then the moderators deleted my post after the trolls reported it.

Don't even get me started on the misogyny you find everywhere.

Human garbage. Bro culture. Grown adults acting like children. What a gross reminder of why I want nothing to do with the technology community.

Back in my day, otherkin didn't make chittery orgasm noises on camera in between bouts of power-hungry megalomania.

People like this are why we can't have nice things.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

I've been having a feeling of impending doom for almost a year now.
    Maybe the doom isn't impending?
    Last edited by Kerguelen; June 3rd, 2020 at 04:25 AM.