Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Thirding/nthing that there's no reason to feel bad or blame yourself about anxiety. To a degree, it's not something that you can consciously control easily, sometimes even with anti-anxiety medication. Anxiety is bad enough. Panic attacks are awful, semi-nightmarish. I've ended up in ER before because of a panic attack; I couldn't breathe properly. Take care of yourself.
    Just confirming what Coyote said: I've been onto ER many times because of anxiety that now I just sit and try to focus on something, in order to get out of the fog my mind is emerged. These days I'm having severe anxiety strikes and luckily I could avoid more serious panic attacks. Everyday I wake up crippling, heart running crazy, and during the day all the physical symptoms show off. My recently modification on meds was working on but apparently they are don't working anymore (this happens to me, medications don't work or they work for a time only, so I am always treated with a high dosage, multi anti-depressants all the time), so I just need to bear this thing on and keep on going. My therapist helps me well on this but unfortunately, anyone can understand me fully, and there are some aspects in me I cannot tell which can influence this condition, I think. So, because of this, I just try to keep going by myself. Medications always help, even sometimes they won't work, they help to balance some chemistry in brain. And for the other things, I know it can be very difficult to control anxiety and depression, I admit because I lost my track on past, but as I said to a friend, the anxiety and depression times are just cliffs we need to climb, we just need to prepare, take a breath and climb on and keep up against adversities. At the end you can reach the sun. I know this climbing is quite difficult and sometimes is impossible, but it is better then sit at the bottom of the cliff and wait there, where anyone can listen you.
    Just a werefox walking around...

Blog Entries

I reach the maximum level of how I can handle a panic attack just hiding it. Now my mind are almost stucked and I cannot do anything right. It is good I cannot shift anymore cause the stress are really high now. But, even I'm not shifting, my senses are all up at the top.

And today I will see my therapist, she will probably say I need to find what is causing the anxiety, but the fact is, there is no cause. I just find something to blame off and tell her. And she will again remember all the steps to control anxiety and take it lower. Oh yeah, those steps works very well, but I need to engulf inside me all the creepy things my subconsciousness are thinking and bear the physical charge of it until it ceases... The best part is, in the middle of an hurricane of things to do, thoughts, pain, I just act normal around people, without any notice I am suffer that much...

Blog Entries

Oh dear, I understand.

DarkFox, is there anything I can do to help reduce your anxiety? From what I read, it appears that you're going through a hell right now.
    Usually, panic attacks don't last long and your fears should wear off eventually.
    Try and think of something that makes you feel more relaxed. Every emotion, whether it be good or bad, reaches balance at some point.
    You can always send me a private message if you feel like it, okay?

Blog Entries

Thanks Lupus, your advice is really great. I already do it when anxiety are high, in fact, I do it to keep it on low level. I think my problem now, as usual, are the multiple thoughts, which creates a lot of concerning and eventually creates some fears. Most of them appear without notice, so it is very difficult to get them to take care. Normally, in my balanced state, I can keep these thoughts in order, keeping less things in focus and taking care each one at time. Now, things get out of control. I will recover from this eventually, maybe with some time but I will.

I think I need to turn off a little and get away from these thoughts. There's a lot of time I don't walk and feel the nature or do something good to relax. Sometimes walk around makes me sad for some reason. But I will try to do something good this weekend to relax.

The funny thing is I have a lot of mechanisms to deal with depression and anxiety, and I always help people here with these techniques, good words and other things. The problem is sometimes neither me can bear this thing. But at least I can help others.

I just helped a young woman change the water bottle at work. I lifted the 5 gallon bottle for her while she replaced the old one.

She was having trouble so I asked if it wasn’t reading something correctly and she answered me, so I know she can talk. And I know she saw me help her.

But she never once offered a 'thank you' or any kind of small, polite gratitude.

What the hell is wrong with humans?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Argh I couldn't sleep very well last night because of the burns on my shoulders. IT EVEN HURTS TO LAY DOWN WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

Blog Entries
    Elinox: Weird! Do you think she might have some kind of psychological condition, like social anxiety? You know her better than I do. If she was just being a jerk, well... I hope she learns to get over herself. You did everything right. It's all on her. I know you know that, but I felt like saying it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by elinox
    What the hell is wrong with humans?
    I've taken a crapload of psychology courses in university and I still don't understand people. We're a selfish, ignorant, greedy, self-absorbed species. No, not everyone meets that description, but too many of us do.

As for me, I'm having a really hard time with PTSD lately. Fear and anger. Anger and fear.

I'm responsible for my behaviour, of course, and I'm frustrated that preventing myself from lashing out is incredibly difficult. This condition is a nightmare. Often my anger is justified, but my overreaction isn't. Looking back on certain contentious posts, I can see where I reacted with too much hostility, but in the heat of the moment, self-awareness is challenging.

Having said that, it's not okay for other people in general to bait me when I'm angry, or to respond to my own anger with more anger, unless it's a lapse of self-control on their part. Just be calm. I can be reasoned with. Targeting anger at me is pouring gasoline onto a fire.

Mental illness/injury is nothing but fun and games. :P

I wouldn't wish this psychological condition on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Elinox: Weird! Do you think she might have some kind of psychological condition, like social anxiety? You know her better than I do. If she was just being a jerk, well... I hope she learns to get over herself. You did everything right. It's all on her. I know you know that, but I felt like saying it anyway.
    As far as I know, she's an average human. Maybe a bit shy, but common courtesy doesn't give shy people or introverts or whatever an excuse to be rude. I won't be helping her again, I can tell you that!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & feline | 39 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean I am shy and all but I always say thank you profusely to the person who helps me, probably so much that they feel awkward for helping.

Just can't win these days.

People love pelicans but hate cormorants. I don't get it, they look different but they're very similar (and, in fact, related).