Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

I've taken some of those tests, Zami. They all seem so incredibly stupid--not just in the sense that forcing people to conform and be good obedient little servants is stupid, but looking at what management tells themselves, and at the constant stream of personality tests, and management practices... it feels like a cult.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I remember when I used to try to find a job... I went there with my list of needed medical stuff (nothing big, but they mostly have to do with time management, social interaction, work environment) and people were not happy. They wanted a disabled person (my country give money help to businesses who take in disabled workers) but without the need of dealing with the medical peculiarities of the disability.

The couple times I managed to wiggle my way into getting a job, I was fired in less than 2 months (2 weeks for one job!) because of my health issues, because the people did not want to respect my medical management things, and then they were surprised my medical issues started showing up without the proper management.

Businesses, I do not think disability works the way you think it works...
    The avatar comes from HERE

Blog Entries

Yeah...I'm just peeved. It seems that my experience right now in both the human sphere and science sphere is being wasted - hell, I haven't even gotten a call from trivial places such as shopping stores. They are either not in need of individuals or I'm overqualified for the job. I guess they're afraid of me moving on. I'm tired of the remarks from those with jobs already that I'm not trying enough. I'm sorry- do you want to switch F'n places? And Zami I agree with you, many of these remarks are coming from older generations.

I think as a last resort- or hell, I'm thinking of it now- is to go back to the barn I worked over the summer at. If I'm lucky, since they have known me for a long while, I can snag a stint training, teaching lessons, etc. It's worth a shot.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

This is going to be a sad week for me. Me and the asshole stepfather had to take my dog to the vet last night because hes got a tooth and muzzle problem. He got bad teeth and has got an infection on his muzzle from it. So he has got to take pills. This isn't going to be easy, Not with us living with the asshole stepfather. I am worried about my dog. He is 14 years old and I know this guy wants to get rid of him. He even said, That he ''Hoped'' my dog was coming home tonight. I know he wanted to put him down but good thing I was there when We had to take my dog to the vet. It proves to me that I can't live with this person anymore. I want to get out of here and away from him but I can't because of my sick dog. What am I going to do.? I wish there was a werehouse I could live in.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; February 14th, 2019 at 09:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Man, I'm ready for spring. March and April are going to be COLD fieldwork months chasing birds. This year I've got better gear, but I know it's still going to be rough. Can't wait for warm sunny days.

Blog Entries

Facing complex feelings about my other life as Al....sometimes I feel being just a wolf therian would take such a burden of complexity off my back..
    Some days I'm really not in the mood but oh well, I had a complex memory/vision that I must fit into the puzzle. It took me years to learn about my other-kintype, their behavior, their anatomy...it's going to take a lifetime to learn about Al- who I was, am and will be. ugh...
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Sometimes, you just revisit old posts and your general therian/otherkin community history and cringe. Thank god I grew up.
    Last edited by Berlin; May 2nd, 2019 at 12:03 AM.
    "All you have is your fire,
    And the place you need to reach"- Hozier

Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    Sometimes, you just revisit old posts and your general therian/otherkin community history and cringe. Thank god I grew up.
    I think a lot of us can sympathize with that. Even outside of these sorts of communities like social media/blogs , i look back at my first posts and good god i was an edgy little snowflake. I think something unfortunate that the new generation has to deal with is that their old social media posts will come back to haunt them, especially with websites associated with google and facebook because the information will always be there even after deletion. Mass surveillance and collection of personal information is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Man, I'm ready for spring. March and April are going to be COLD fieldwork months chasing birds. This year I've got better gear, but I know it's still going to be rough. Can't wait for warm sunny days.
    Oh, im guessing you are doing fieldwork for science? What thesis are you working on? or are you collecting data for other reasons?

Blog Entries

Indeed. Most people's phones are always listening to them. That's very useful for the government when they want to suppress dissent.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Indeed. Most people's phones are always listening to them. That's very useful for the government when they want to suppress dissent.
    Yep, it is useful for government and also big businesses who want more power. My dad lives in china and he knows all about that nonsense.