Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

So much sadness on this thread, maybe it should be renamed The Daily Grind. Except it might cause confusion with the periodical put out by the millworkers union of America.

I'm actually looking for support to unionize therians. I'm sick of seeing so many ionized werewolves.

No matter how bad things are, how depressed you're feeling or how rough life seems, you can always reach out to a coyote and tell them, in a firm tone of voice, that you do not want them to cheer you up. Of course, the coyote will then do everything in their power to put a smile on your face.

I still talk like I have only recently gotten into the community, and often my train of thought seems the same way. It's absolutely a product of being neurodivergent for me. I cannot operate on the level I should all the time, no matter how much I want to. Even with things like this that mean so much to me. So I'm gonna continue to sound wet behind the ears, even if I know better by now. So, sorry for that. Blah, words.

One day I'll maybe sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Blog Entries

It is starting to really dawn on me that I will very probably have to move to the US. It is also becoming more and more clear to me that I was not quite prepared for how much of a downgrade it is going to be in every aspect. Especially with the current political and economic climate.

I made my partner a promise that I would give the US an honest attempt, and I will. But I am MUCH older than I was last time I had to move countries. Change cultures. Rebuild my understanding of how things work. It's going to be a lot harder and the US is very dysfunctional.

I like it in Denmark and I will definitely be keeping my Danish citizenship for as long as I can. Maybe permanently. If the US doesn't work out, I will at least be able to go back—and bring my wife with me. But in the meantime I am just preparing for (and dreading) the move. If not for my partner I'd never even have set foot there. She's my soulmate, and giving that up just over logistics is beyond idiotic. The best things in life always require the most work...
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

I really dislike the way forums are being replaced by discord servers. Not even just where therianthropy is involved but all across various topics. I don't care for instant communication unless I'm talking in a group chat of very close friends or one-on-one. A server full of people I don't know all seemingly talking at once is terrible. Like being in a store the day before or on Christmas Eve. Anxiety inducing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    It is starting to really dawn on me that I will very probably have to move to the US. It is also becoming more and more clear to me that I was not quite prepared for how much of a downgrade it is going to be in every aspect. Especially with the current political and economic climate.

I made my partner a promise that I would give the US an honest attempt, and I will. But I am MUCH older than I was last time I had to move countries. Change cultures. Rebuild my understanding of how things work. It's going to be a lot harder and the US is very dysfunctional.

I like it in Denmark and I will definitely be keeping my Danish citizenship for as long as I can. Maybe permanently. If the US doesn't work out, I will at least be able to go back—and bring my wife with me. But in the meantime I am just preparing for (and dreading) the move. If not for my partner I'd never even have set foot there. She's my soulmate, and giving that up just over logistics is beyond idiotic. The best things in life always require the most work...
    God, I am simultaneously happy at the idea of you being around in the US more permanently so I'd have time to come harass you...

but also mostly just ... so sad for you. That's a major, major sacrifice in a lot of ways, specifically to move *here*. :c

I fucking hate Christmas with every fiber of my damned being. When the fuck is my generation gonna kill Christmas by not celebrating this bullshit entirely, causing it to lose popularity & die out? Stupid fucking bullshit is what this season & holiday is, I tell you.

Blog Entries

wonder why this thread fizzled out..but anyway...
    My reposted groan:

When people say they want to leave their 9-5 and I'm sitting here like...you don't know how lucky you have it. My shifts alternate randomly everyday from:

7am-3pm or 4pm, 8am-3pm or 4pm, 11am-7pm, 12-9:30pm, 1:30-9:30pm, or odd days that won't even give me eight hours at all. Some things in life should just stay consistent or they'll just wreck havoc on you sleeping and eating schedule, not even getting into if you have a social or creative life. You'll be dead tired before you're hit with the 1-9:30 today...7am tomorrow.

I wish this was understood.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

So, on Thursday, I had an awful sudden headache. It may have been a migraine and I just missed the warning signs of one coming up. However, the next day, I leaned forward and had a clear, water-like fluid come out of my nose. I haven't been able to get it to repeat itself but Google was a mistake.

CSF leaks this and CSF leaks that. To make it worst, a sudden headache aggravated by movements but relieved immediately by lying down is what I had the night before. I went to the ER. "It is sinus season and that was a migraine and also you're anxious". No imaging. Nothing else. Gave me two tranquilizer pills to take while there and sent me home. I explained the whole thing. And it apparently isn't important enough to check thoroughly.

I guess maybe it really wasn't a big deal since that headache and it's positional nature are fading away slowly (I'd say it has resolved by at least 97%). If it still hasn't resolved fully by next Friday next time I go to the family doc for my blood test results (those were ordered because of a similar situation involving chest pains during panic attacks), I'll be bringing it up. If it sticks until Friday, it is ridiculous and something is wrong and I am right about my health for once.

Edit: ACTUALLY! I have two groans but technically, since it is 12 AM now, this counts as today's.

Apparently, a coyote was rescued down here only to be euthanized. Reason being that he was "an invasive nuisance animal". Yeah, I don't think I have to explain why that is absolute bullshit reasoning on here.
    Last edited by Berlin; February 9th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Two words: kidney stones. I have never before in my life felt this kind of pain. This is, unironically, hands down, the worst thing I have ever experienced.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

What's the word on getting them removed?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier