Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Blog Entries

Man, am I tired of my username. I wish I could switch it as often as I move. "Jones" was meant to be as common and bland as "Coyote". Like the name Smith.

I was doing reasonably well until I had to call out a prominent leftist journalist for gaslighting me. I wrote a long email. I tore her a new one. Owning her, as she would phrase it. She deserved it: she's always defended my harassers, who are vindictive cybercriminals. "If you respond to this email, I won't read it. Fuck around and end up in Trash." I chose to name her an epithet that I can't post here. I didn't read the response she sent.

Well. Someone hacked that email address the next day and deleted everything except for 24 messages. I sent the screenshot to Kisota. I ranted to Kisota. It's novella-length and it's not about happy stuff. I've been bullied a LOT by fellow adults.

I caught these script kiddies in the process of deleting my university emails. I reset my modem and router. I'll have to use DBAN to write zeroes over my hard drive data and then reinstall the operating system and then take a few courses in network administration so that I can catch intrusion attempts. Not to find their IDs, of course, because that's beyond my capabilities; but to prove that an attempt was made to hack my machine.

They've violated my privacy so deeply over the last decade. These nihilistic shithead edgelords and their leader "weev", who is a neo-Nazi. I'm writing about all of it. And then I'm reporting it to the FBI. I don't bow to anyone, let alone these criminal dweebs who only threw me under the bus as a distraction because they were the laughingstock of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post

I caught these script kiddies in the process of deleting my university emails. I reset my modem and router. I'll have to use DBAN to write zeroes over my hard drive data and then reinstall the operating system and then take a few courses in network administration so that I can catch intrusion attempts. Not to find their IDs, of course, because that's beyond my capabilities; but to prove that an attempt was made to hack my machine.

Hey Jones. Figured I'd bump this.... seeing as.... ahem...

You can try and catch unauthorized system access attempts using an IDS ( Intrusion Detection System ) and have it periodically save the logs of any and all connection attempts.

Here's some information on a couple of Open Source utilities that may be of use to you should you choose to go this route.

Hope this information is useful and happy hunting.

( I'd also recommend Wireshark tbh ) https://www.wireshark.org/
    Last edited by Koba; December 14th, 2020 at 12:33 AM.

One of those days where the chaos makes up for the difference of the calm days. Chasing fires that don't exist, looking for radio signals that should exist but don't. Pissing off a successively larger group of your superiors in an escalation chain all the while listening to alarms go off to alert me to everything going on, even if it is unresolvable from my end.

As my luck generally has it my mate was able to get a bit of a mini vacation around the holidays and as it happens I end up having to work through the holiday including Christmas Day as usual. Maybe a slight possibility I may have it off but I doubt it one of those 24/7/365 type of deals. Normally I don't mind, I enjoy being out during the holidays, the whole world seems abandoned at times. It's invigorating. My mate was a little disappointed when I told him, mostly because we've been working opposite schedules the last few years and he was looking forward to spending some time together I think.

I have been juggling a lot, some things seem pretty cut and dry while others there doesn't seem to be a good answer or solution but require resolution nonetheless. If I said all this doubt and uncertainty didn't weigh heavily on me, I'd be lying.

I've lost so many friends this year it's ridiculous

I'm seriously like the most hated otherkin only because I speak my mind

I'm so bored someone give me something to do